MTAB O5 GNG at WF

TheHat

(MTA)Bus 9846 is on the Bx15 as I post. Pics will we be posted later tonight, this is amazing in terms of bus moves. Personally I can understand the move if it were in reverse. A WF bus to CP b/c of the O7 NG delivery, but this I am confused by. This is gonna get messy IMO(NYCT)

(MTA)Bus 9846 is on the Bx15 as I post. Pics will we be posted later tonight, this is amazing in terms of bus moves. Personally I can understand the move if it were in reverse. A WF bus to CP b/c of the O7 NG delivery, but this I am confused by. This is gonna get messy IMO(NYCT)

This is great news. Those O5 from College Point can haul ass. When working on the (6) line, at Pelham you can see the buses from the male locker room. I watch those things fly. Quick speed get up.........

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I saw this coming for a while. WF's fleet age is significantly lower than the rest of the Bronx and most of NYCT. I see some of the 7600-7800s going to CP. WF will probably be the last depot to get NG's.

It wouldn't surprise me if CP gets the NG's, and WF get the Orion V CNG from CP, while keeping their O7 CNG's also. Then they could get rid of those RTS's, and older diesel Orions. Only the artics would be their diesel buses.......

This is great news. Those O5 from College Point can haul ass. When working on the (6) line, at Pelham you can see the buses from the male locker room. I watch those things fly. Quick speed get up.........

I've driven them, yeah for the most part they move. The only things is they ride hard and rickedy, I don't know if that is normal for O5 GNG's or just an Orion thing in general. When Yonkers had the diesel 100's I don't remember those riding as hard as some of the 9800's I've driven(NYCT)

Does the bus have NYC Bus stickers on it, or still MTA Bus?

What in the world is the MTA Doing? Why is every single bus going to WF lately? WTF makes them so damn special? Are they that short on buses?

That 9846 bus belongs back at CP. I'm sorry. That's just wrong. The 1993 Orion Vs at EC Storage should get repainted and sent to JFK and then they can send the excess RTss to LGA and BP. LGA is currently 40-60 buses short. BP is only about 10 short.

Photos posted on buschat by Danny at 103 st. Correction bus# 9845 (not 9846) is at WF on the Bx15. (MTA)bus branded w/ blue #'s posted above the f/door and drivers window. And yes it has WF stickers on it. WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!(NYCT)

What in the world is the MTA Doing? Why is every single bus going to WF lately? WTF makes them so damn special? Are they that short on buses?

That 9846 bus belongs back at CP. I'm sorry. That's just wrong. The 1993 Orion Vs at EC Storage should get repainted and sent to JFK and then they can send the excess RTss to LGA and BP. LGA is currently 40-60 buses short. BP is only about 10 short.

West Farms has been short for quite some time..those O5s are needed to replace 18 year old TMCs (don't be surprised if 8044 and 8077 are finished).

The 1993 TMCs at WF may also be headed to LGA.

LGA won't be getting 40-60 buses, they don't have space for them. All those buses sitting out of service, are they 1990-1 tmcs? If so, then they're probably awaiting replacements. If you ask me however, LGAs problem is the mechanics. 9333, 8560 and one other 93xx all broke down on the Q33 the other day, not even in LGA very long and those buses are practically done for.

There are quite a few 1990-1 TMCs as well as some 1994 TMCs (9700s) that may be finished. There are maybe 10 or less various RTSs sitting o/o/s. I agree that the RTSs at WF will most likely go to LGA. Now for CP on the other hand, thats Orion country. They will most likely get more the Ex CS/GH 1993 O-5s to swap with some of CPs O-5 CNGs. Maybe I am wrong? This is all just to weird.:confused:

I've driven them, yeah for the most part they move. The only things is they ride hard and rickedy, I don't know if that is normal for O5 GNG's or just an Orion thing in general. When Yonkers had the diesel 100's I don't remember those riding as hard as some of the 9800's I've driven(NYCT)

I drove the 200's at WF, the 400 and 600 at WF and KB, and the 400, 500, 600 and 6000 at KB. The 400-600 were the stiffest riding buses, followed by the 6000. The 200 series, was smoother, but then they were the express buses also, with the raised floor.

Come on, don't you like the back wheels getting into a low drainage sewer next to the sidewalk, and as the back wheel comes out, the bus snaps rock side to side. Can send granny flying out a side window, if they aren't holding on........

LGA depot.......The spirit of one of the Cooper 4 (TriBoro Coach Corp.), lives on. Still the worst MTA depot, with all the breakdowns. Guess even MTA couldn't save those buses, and the buses sent there, fell victim to the ghost of lack of maintenance past...........

LGA depot.......The spirit of one of the Cooper 4 (TriBoro Coach Corp.), lives on. Still the worst MTA depot, with all the breakdowns. Guess even MTA couldn't save those buses, and the buses sent there, fell victim to the ghost of lack of maintenance past...........

Actually, I would probably think that the worst garage is actually West Farms or Gun Hill.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Actually, I would probably think that the worst garage is actually West Farms or Gun Hill.

The ghost of lack of Maintenence past moved from SI and LGA to the Bronx.

I think GH has the worse maintanence overall, just look at the Artics. People seem to think WF is great but they can't keep their own buses in service, for some reason. I'm just hoping WF doesn't kill the 9800s. The CP CNGs are some of my favorite buses. KB is the REAL ugly stepsister of the Div, just running the worse of the city, and I'm honestly waiting for a 400-600 (my money's on 491/556) to spontaneously combust on the Bx10. AMS somehow lucked out as the well off sister of the Div with the lowest Fleet age @ NYCT. But then again its not running Bx routes so maybe that's why.

I feel like LGA would be better if they didn't have so many TMCs.

Slightly off topic: but what the requirements for retiring a bus?

Archived