Stations That Need Rehab

Maserati7200

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But, Culver's platforms are collapsing, :)!

Yeah, but that was only one platform though. Some of the stations along the Sea Beach and West End lines are really awful in the whole. Pigeon crap has been infesting 62nd Street and other stations are not spared from it either. Culver on the whole looks fine. No need for an urgent repair.

The work presently being done at Chambers St BMT is a good example of what should be done at some of the aforementioned stations.

Unfortunately, I don't see much work going on. It's still a dingy cavern that is more of a high ceiling cave than a downtown Grand Central (as it was known back then)

36 St(D)(M)(N)(R)

125 St(A)(:)(C)(D)

36th Street got its rehab in the 1990s, still looks new. 59th Street, on the other hand may need a little "retouching". I won't be surprised if 59th Street gets a rehab. As for 125th Street, the station looks fine to me. It may need a little better lighting, but apart from that everything is fine. There is disabled access and tactile strips and everything. No need for a major makeover. West 4th Street, though, needs a rehab.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm more concerned with the bridges and tracks! They really should start replacing the cut ties in the tunnels with concrete ones, like what Chicago's been doing! And those elevated structures I'm worried about! I hope they'll start working towards replacing them with concrete bridges!

• 1 month later...

Maybe nitpicky since it's been partially renovated, but how about Mets-Willets point on the (7)<7>? When Citi Field was built, the MTA knocked down the original ramp that led from the station to Shea Stadium and replaced it with a Staircase, which now leads directly to the front of Citi Field. However, the station itself is cumbersome to navigate, with only one entrance/exit which can get clogged after games, and a platform setup that is confusing to someone unfamiliar to the territory.

Archived