Stations That Need Rehab

Maserati7200

• 3 months later...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a whole no doubt its politics/neighborhood influence that determines what stations get rehabbed.:mad: It should be purely based on need.

I dont understand how in last 20 years the Fulton Street/Broadway-Nassau Transfer Station in Manhattan gets worked on twice, while stations on the Sea Beach (N) Concourse (:D(D) lines and others have yet to be touched.

the archer ave stations specifically sutphin they are new stations that are rundown and have a stench like 2nd ave and all kind of leaks and sewage backups

That a disgarce. I am not expecting a spotless and clean stations at Jamaica Center and Supthin/Archer this is NYC we talking about alot of slobs.

With that said, that terrible you have stations in Queens in that condition including Archer which is only 20 years old. Not trying to bring politics/social class issue into it but I am sure the Lex/63rd Street (F) station is better condition.

The lack of care at Archer stations proves my point that the MTA does station work based on politics/neighborhood status and power.

I think we got the gist of that already. He's just adding to the list of stations that should get a rehab after that's done.

I guess, but it can't be inferred from his post. There are still other stations that need urgent repairs that the likes of the Culver. Culver's holding up well. Bay Ridge stations though, do need some rehab.

Personally, I don't think the Culver and West End need rehabs. I mean would be nice if they get them, but they don't need them.

I have to admit that is true. Sea Beach stations need more repair than most West End stations. But the thing is, West End is being funded and there is no mention of the Sea Beach line rehab in the Capital Programme. For Culver, only the stations from Ditmas and Ave X need rehab. Neptune has already gotten a face-lift.

Culver and West End doesn't seem to need much of a fix. For Viaduct yes which is undergoing and Maybe Ft Hamiliton Pkway(Culver)

Now The Entire Rockaway Beach Line(Down at the rockaways), Sea Beach and Pelham Line needs rehab!

Culver and West End doesn't seem to need much of a fix. For Viaduct yes which is undergoing and Maybe Ft Hamiliton Pkway(Culver)

Now The Entire Rockaway Beach Line(Down at the rockaways), Sea Beach and Pelham Line needs rehab!

West End, Pelham and Rockaway are going to be funded in the next Capital Plan

I can only speak for myself and my local station and line.I live right in Gravesend neighborhood and i'm close to the (D)Bay 50th Street station and the (N)86 Street station,i use 86 Street station more.I have been riding that line for over 20 years and the conditions on the Sea Beach Line stations as a whole are disgusting and horrible.Falling cement,paints flaking,pigeon poop,cracks in the platforms and poor maintenance needs to be adressed quickly before someone gets hurt or killed.One day i was waiting for a Southbound train and a chunk of ceiling cement fell directly where i was standing,thankfully i moved a few inches away before it fell on me.I'm sorry but West End Line and Brighton Line stations need to wait,Sea Beach Line stations need overdue repairs.Slapping on a coat of paint and patching up platform edges with flat wood don't cut it with me.Ofcourse that is my opinion :)

I can only speak for myself and my local station and line.I live right in Gravesend neighborhood and i'm close to the (D)Bay 50th Street station and the (N)86 Street station,i use 86 Street station more.I have been riding that line for over 20 years and the conditions on the Sea Beach Line stations as a whole are disgusting and horrible.Falling cement,paints flaking,pigeon poop,cracks in the platforms and poor maintenance needs to be adressed quickly before someone gets hurt or killed.One day i was waiting for a Southbound train and a chunk of ceiling cement almost fell directly where i was standing,thankfully i moved a few inches away before it fell.I'm sorry but West End Line and Brighton Line stations need to wait,Sea Beach Line stations need overdue repairs.Slapping on a coat of paint and patching up pieces of wood on platform edges don't cut it with me.Ofcourse that is my opinion :)

I agree. I think the Brighton should have been done after the Sea Beach (this is coming from a Brighton Rider btw).

Brighton Line stations need adressing like every other station in the system,let's be honest the system is over 100 years old and according to the MTA experts not enough money in the budget can cover them all at once.Prioritizing is the key word here MTA should learn the definition of that word.

No stations are more in need of repair than the ones on the Rockaway Park branch on the Rockaway line. The stairs creak and move under your foot as you climb up. The doors are really several bits of wood held together with rusted nails. Handrails are missing on the stairs. Platform windscreens only cover a small part of the platform, the rest is just chain link fence. Some repairs/refurbishment is going on in those stations, as well as along the Far Rockaway line; I do not know if all the problems will be fixed. The low ridership might not justify many changes. So few people use the stations that I once saw some friends having a picnic on the platform (no one else was there).

West 4th St-Washington Square (A)(C)(E)(:)(D)(F)(V) is the dirtiest, most run-down station in Manhattan and badly needs rehabilitation, especially the escalators and elevators. It is a shame such an important station is so poorly maintained. Unfortunately I have to use it up to six days a week.

The entire Broadway-Nassau-Fulton St complex. Has anyone ever looked up at the ceiling on the (4)(5) platform? It seems like it could cave in any moment. The platforms get totally flooded even after mild rain. The central exit on the southbound side (which is closed on weekends) looks like a relic from the 19th century, with the ornate mosaics badly out of place. The (A)(C) platform is one of the hottest, rat-infested and most claustrophobia-inducing places on the subway. Complete the Fulton Street Transit Center already!!

50th St (C) platform has roofs springing leaks and dripping water all over during rains. Even Broadway-Lafayette on the (B)(D)(F)(V)(6), though it looks like a well-maintained station, has problems when it rains.

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what needs rehab work. There are so many examples of structures and stations that appear to be "falling apart" and "in disrepair". Most importantly, structural integrity and safety of riders and others around the properties should take priority over an aesthetic makeover to restore "historically accurate tiles" or what not. The work presently being done at Chambers St BMT is a good example of what should be done at some of the aforementioned stations.

Archived