What station/ stop or Terminal would you live near?

fx20736

Queens Plaza area in Long Island City, (7)(E)(F)(R)(G)(V)(N)(W). I'd have a short and easy commute to Manhattan regardless of where in the borough, and I'd also have easy access to Brooklyn with the (G). If someone wanted to visit my house they wouldn't have to spend 1 and a half hours on a train and another hour on the bus just to get to my place. I'd also be near Amtrak's Sunnyside Yard and the work zone for LIRR's ESA project. I also love the Astoria Line and the wide variety of bus photo ops here as well. It's in Astoria, which is also a great place for general photography. This area would be ideal.

I would have to agree with you on this one. Not to mention, just in case one line breaks down, you have plenty of other choices.

As for me, not only would I choose Queens Plaza, but also:

149th Street-Grand Concourse (2)(4)(5)

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I lived close enough to a train station :cry:. My closest station is Fresh Pond Rd (M) but its a 10 min walk...

...but I would love to live near:

-Broadway Junction (A)(C)(J)(L)(Z): 3 ways to get to Manhattan

-Times Sq (1)(2)(3)(7)(A)(C)(E)(N)(Q)(R)(S)(W). Do I have to explain

-23 or 28 St (6): Close to my job

I like the idea of Church Ave. (F)(G)(V). The area reminds me of the nearby area I grew up in (on the other side of the Brighton), yet is still nice like it all was 40 years ago, and it's a large capacity terminal like Continental, and there would be express service and a quick run to downtown Brooklyn and Manhattan. Be cool to live over there, and work on one of the lines out of there (Hence, why I still kind of wish the (V) would go there, even though we could use the midtown service over where I am now).

Archived