Hippo Speed (don't open if do not want spoiler...METATOPS!lol)

Fan Railer

and down grade...

that being the key part.

not to mention that train was MOVIN, but the speedo's on anything before the new techs have a little bit of margin of error in them so it may not always be 100% right, that's why it seems to "jump" sometimes but the train is accelerating smooth. you sometimes see that when a train is stopping, the stop will have been made and while the train is stopped for a second or two the speedo will still be counting down 5 4 3 2 1 0.

in other words don't be like the foamer i saw once on the brighton line who saw a slant with a bad order speedo and goes to his friend "OMG the train is going 99 MPH!" :P

that being the key part.

not to mention that train was MOVIN, but the speedo's on anything before the new techs have a little bit of margin of error in them so it may not always be 100% right, that's why it seems to "jump" sometimes but the train is accelerating smooth. you sometimes see that when a train is stopping, the stop will have been made and while the train is stopped for a second or two the speedo will still be counting down 5 4 3 2 1 0.

in other words don't be like the foamer i saw once on the brighton line who saw a slant with a bad order speedo and goes to his friend "OMG the train is going 99 MPH!" :)

yeah, although this train seemed to be alright, the 7 train that you see at the end of the vid, had a spazz attack, that i think i got on vid. as the train started accelerating, the speedo went through every number up to 99, then went down to the current running speed of about twenty, then performed normally for the rest of the run.

excellent! 60th tunnel in a 68/68A is always a nice place to go if you wanna feel your ears pop lol

Happens to me on the (7) line, in the Steinway tubes going to Manhattan......

that being the key part.

in other words don't be like the foamer i saw once on the brighton line who saw a slant with a bad order speedo and goes to his friend "OMG the train is going 99 MPH!" :)

That is so common it ain't funny......

yeah, although this train seemed to be alright, the 7 train that you see at the end of the vid, had a spazz attack, that i think i got on vid. as the train started accelerating, the speedo went through every number up to 99, then went down to the current running speed of about twenty, then performed normally for the rest of the run.

All the R62A's have that problem lately. Everyone of them I have operated on the (1) and (7)<7> lines, do that exact thing. It happens when you stop most of the time, but it does happen when accelerating or coasting on level track. Goes from whatever the speed was as you were braking, then goes up to 99mph, before going back down to 0. It ain't rare at all, and that is why you learn the line, and use the speedos as a guide, but not the law of your actual speed. I already can tell when a train is going slower than the speedo says, or going faster. It's all feel, but it ain't to much different than getting the feel of a bus or motorcoach.........

isn't there an annoying 35 mph timer in the steinway tubes? cause everytime i take the (7)<7> through there, the train is always braking going down the tunnel, and never goes over 30.

and also, i'll post that vid of the R62A speedo as soon as possible.

isn't there an annoying 35 mph timer in the steinway tubes? cause everytime i take the (7)<7> through there, the train is always braking going down the tunnel, and never goes over 30.

All timers in the tubes are 35mph, but you better be doing 27-30 for them to clear. This is only down hill in the IRT tubes. After you hit the last one, I wrap it around, or take full power. Got hills to climb next.........

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL2X48s46Ks

i'll put this in the irt forum also

Archived