For T/O's and C/R's.. how exactly does scheduling and days off work?

duelingdragons

To all T/Os, do you like being a T/O? From reading these posts, it seems like a very dull, boring, blue collar job with lots of OT and little breaks?

I love being a T/O...and there isn't as much OT as you think. I oughta know, I've been trying to get some this week and can't buy a piece for nothin'.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh,H*LLZ NO!!!! I'm not Mr. Perfecto,but I make SURE I pay EXTRA ATTENTION at Home-Balls!I can't front,it CAN happen to the best of us.;) Green over green=main route and yellow over yellow=diverging route(train switches off the main route) you MUST KNOW where yur bottom yellows are!:)

I will keep that in mind. Nothing sucks more than going on the wrong route.

To all T/Os, do you like being a T/O? From reading these posts, it seems like a very dull, boring, blue collar job with lots of OT and little breaks?
Every job is not for everyone, and you make what the job is for you, and if you live your life depending on the overtime pay you make that will be your downfall. I had a job the guranteed 70 hours a week, people were buying houses expensive cars and when they cut that overtime down to 40 hours people were jumping out the window. It seems to me all of the city "blue collar jobs" are the most secure thats why people pick them over your white collar jobs. Look at the economy and whats going on now.

Every job is not for everyone, and you make what the job is for you, and if you live your life depending on the overtime pay you make that will be your downfall. I had a job the guranteed 70 hours a week, people were buying houses expensive cars and when they cut that overtime down to 40 hours people were jumping out the window. It seems to me all of the city "blue collar jobs" are the most secure thats why people pick them over your white collar jobs. Look at the economy and whats going on now.

wait, so they kill the newbs with forced ot and the old timers cant get a bone?

wait, so they kill the newbs with forced ot and the old timers cant get a bone?

The senior guys pick jobs with built in overtime. And if you have saturday and sunday off which only very senior men have then you can almost always get OT on one of your days off.

And if you have saturday and sunday off which only very senior men have then you can almost always get OT on one of your days off.

Heh, not in the B Division you can't. We've got guys with 25+ years in title who are considering going SM or FS off for the next pick because you simply cannot buy an RDO during the weekend because of all the GO's and job cancellations; the well is as dry as a desert.

Not 15 minutes ago, I called the Crew Office looking to work an RDO for Friday...told him any location/any tour. Not a damn thing open.

Archived