Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mark1447

MTA Loves Railfanner~

You know its funny that the (MTA) might love its Raulfanners.

Notice that Many old elevated station contain high walls[Example (2)(5) Intervale) and other stations contain low fences (Example Whitlock (6))

New stations are becoming like that (except a few like the (7) 74th, which is rehab, but cant take pictures pefectly without heading to platform edge)

do u think thats nice of the (MTA) to do that

If you know what I mean. Its like I remember Sipson Street station on the WPR Line wasnt perfect for taking photography in 2005, but now that there are fences(if thats what they are called :)) now thatking Pictures is better then standing at the edge if a station =D! Get what i mean guys?

I don't think its for the railfanners per se. I think the (MTA) is just trying to restore the stations to their original form.

Hmm i thought it would be that.. But it seems to attract loads of Rail lovers for el stations... Seems werid tho.. But you could be right tho

The (MTA) does not like railfans... The LIRR, MNR and NJT loves Railfans, :)!

Yeah true, I was park ave and 97th street, and doing a horn sign when the train was gonna enter the tunnel, the T/O blew the horn

I wonder why NYCT doesnt like wtf?!:confused:

Because the horns aren't play toys. Horns are meant to communicate with other employees on the train, tracks and stations.

And on a railroad, the engineer has to blow the horn before entering a tunnel.

They also must blow the horn when exiting a tunnel.

They also must blow the horn when exiting a tunnel.

Do you know the reason for this?

I don't think the MTA pays us any mind, save for the fact that it's an extra two bucks that's not a basic commute.

You'll be surprised actually how much the MTA pays attention to us (especially to certain websites).....