Attack of the R160a!

rfortyslant

Nice vids, some of these are just test signs. Not actually intended for revenue service. You will see the F run R160A soon though. But don't expect them on the B or the G.
Correct. It's a train in relay with the T/O messing around with the signs.

Thanks for posting 2 of my vids on here, but hatred for R-160's needs to stop. We need to get wit the program and understand times are changing, everything can't be the same forever forever. No one likes the NTT's guess what you don't have a ride them, the train is not going to pull out a Smith and Wesson to your head and saying ride me or else you'll die....its not that serious. "The I can't the R-160's or R-142's and R-143's" is starting to get boring and annoying, I can't stand the 75fters but you don't see making a big deal out of it in every subway posting. R-160A-2's on the (F) is not to replace the R-46's, its to replace the remaining R-32's. That's my 2 cents for the night!

Thanks for posting 2 of my vids on here, but hatred for R-160's needs to stop. We need to get wit the program and understand times are changing, everything can't be the same forever forever. No one likes the NTT's guess what you don't have a ride them, the train is not goign to put a Smith and Weeson to your head and saying ride me or else you'll die....its not that serious. "The I can't the R-160's or R-142's and R-143's" is starting to getting boring and annoying, I can't stand the 75fters but you don't see making a big deal out of in every subway posting. R-160A-2's on the (F) is not to replace the R-46's, its to repalce the remaining R-32's. That's my 2 cents for the night!
That and 48 cents will get you a cup of coffee...

I agree with you though, I don't like CRABIs, C40LFs or R44s but I don't go reminding people in each of my posts that I strongly dislike them.

Thanks for posting 2 of my vids on here, but hatred for R-160's needs to stop. We need to get wit the program and understand times are changing, everything can't be the same forever forever. No one likes the NTT's guess what you don't have a ride them, the train is not going to pull out a Smith and Wesson to your head and saying ride me or else you'll die....its not that serious. "The I can't the R-160's or R-142's and R-143's" is starting to get boring and annoying, I can't stand the 75fters but you don't see making a big deal out of it in every subway posting. R-160A-2's on the (F) is not to replace the R-46's, its to replace the remaining R-32's. That's my 2 cents for the night!

I do agree, however they are WAY louder in stations. :)

- A

Thanks and I think its the HVAC that makes them a lil louder or it can be the brakes!

The suspension & the brakes. Nice ride inside, but whew man when they brake or accelerate when you're in a station plug your ears. The loudest HVAC i know of is on (NJT) multilevel cars. Nothing else can really touch that. Second place (non-power related) would be when the couplers shift when the wheels hit a bump in the rails in the subway, especially prevalent in stations without curves on an incline.

- A

Thanks and I think its the HVAC that makes them a lil louder or it can be the brakes!
Yep, NTT's are the quietest on the inside but turn on the AC and there goes your ears, Bombardier R142's in particular. They have a loud whistling AC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPQTOHtyxj4

And here's how loud the brakes can be on the R160s (sounds damn good).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgq5ZWTRF6E

I'm still glad they're taking over. No train is perfect, but the NTTs are impressing me. Even new trains need maintenance here and there, just because they already have loud brakes don't mean nothing, NYCT punishes each and every train in service everyday. R68s are smooth but slow, R32/38s are fast but not smooth, same for Slants and mods (though mods are in better condition), R42s are ehh.. R44s cheer me up (that fart has me loling), R46s got good brakes and speed but no RFW, there's something to like about every train.

Yep, NTT's are the quietest on the inside but turn on the AC and there goes your ears, Bombardier R142's in particular. They have a loud whistling AC.

I'm still glad they're taking over. No train is perfect, but the NTTs are impressing me. Even new trains need maintenance here and there, just because they already have loud brakes don't mean nothing, NYCT punishes each and every train in service everyday. R68s are smooth but slow, R32/38s are fast but not smooth, same for Slants and mods (though mods are in better condition), R42s are ehh.. R44s cheer me up (that fart has me loling), R46s got good brakes and speed but no RFW, there's something to like about every train.

You are absolutely right every train have its faults and/or ups and downs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPQTOHtyxj4

And here's how loud the brakes can be on the R160s (sounds damn good).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgq5ZWTRF6E

R-142 HAVC are very loud....I wish the MTA could fix that problem...if you're underground you really could hear it.You can't even hear your self talk when that thing is on while you're on the platform.

what's up with train 2nd video....that train need it brake fix,sound like a R42.

R-142 HAVC are very loud....I wish the MTA could fix that problem...if you're underground you really could hear it.You can't even hear your self talk when that thing is on while you're on the platform.

what's up with train 2nd video....that train need it brake fix,sound like a R42.

That is actually the sound of the dynamic resistance grid under the train which dissipates unused electricity in the form of heat, the heat needs a fan/blower to move so more heat can radiate away.

As for the brakes, for some reason the NTT have VERY loud brakes with a big blast of air when they come to a complete stop. Irritating. :)

- A

Well said Curt.

They're here and the old cars are going out. Don't whine, it's reality.

Archived