Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
UlmerPark B6

Are you allowed to ride the loops?

For the (6) loops, that's legal. Some of my friends tried to stay in the (5) train but the police officers kicked them out of the train, saying "This train's going to relay, no passengers!"

You are allowed to on the 6 because it is part of revenue trackage. The South Ferry Inner loop is not, hence you will be trespassing if you stayed on the 5 that terminates at Bowling Green.

(6)<6> yes, (5) no. Reason being is the 5 sits too long before getting into the station. It's more of a layover for the 5. The (6)<6> is in and out (unless another train is in the station N/B already). It still is considered a loop, not a layover.......

So the only chance we'll ever see the old South Ferry, is if there is a G.O. right?

GO?

I would think only if there's something blocking the switches before the new station.

I would think only if there's something blocking the switches before the new station.

I doubt that will happen. I don't know, the old station may be shuttered. So they might turn trains at Rector and order everyone off, which is a pain in the A.

So the only chance we'll ever see the old South Ferry, is if there is a G.O. right?

If you talking about Downtown (5) via South Ferry outer loop to Uptown via 7th Avenue or Downtown (5) via 7th Avenue via South Ferry outer loop to Uptown via Lexington Avenue....yes you are able to see the South Ferry station, but from inside of the train!

What about the construction where they had the (2) or (5), forgot, had to run up on the opposite line, it was when the there was no (4). Weekend Construction.

They don't stop at South Ferry

The (2) and (5) bypasses South Ferry unless if there is a (1) stuck on the switches on the New South Ferry Station...

Will this means when there is G.O. will (5) and (2) via loop will stay be delay?

The (2) and (5) bypasses South Ferry unless if there is a (1) stuck on the switches on the New South Ferry Station...

IMO, that is redundant. Because the next stop is Bowling Green.

I doubt that will happen. I don't know, the old station may be shuttered. So they might turn trains at Rector and order everyone off, which is a pain in the A.

I'd have to agree with this. Remember that there would be no personnel in place at the old station to monitor the operation and safety of passengers and crew. I doubt they'd allow anyone in an abandoned station.

Agree. For the (6) yup for sure! Same with my friends they also tried to stay in the (5) and they got yelled at and kicked out.(MTA)RULEZ

For the (6) loops, that's legal. Some of my friends tried to stay in the (5) train but the police officers kicked them out of the train, saying "This train's going to relay, no passengers!"

I'd have to agree with this. Remember that there would be no personnel in place at the old station to monitor the operation and safety of passengers and crew. I doubt they'd allow anyone in an abandoned station.

The ferry entrance is certainly shuttered now. They should blacken out the subway signs at that terminal.

I think the old terminal sign should just be sold like on (MTA) site... I would personally buy one right away, :(!

It could be.

The old station entrance is shuttered by a gate now, right?