Are you allowed to ride the loops?

UlmerPark B6

Well, I don't think youre allowed on the (5) loop, but last year, my friend and I, in a momentary brain lapse ran onto a (5) train at Bowling Green, as the doors were closing. We got in, but then we found out we just got on an out of service train. The conductor came out and asked us what we were doing there, we explained ourselves and she left us alone and we were able to watch the (5) go through the loop

Well, I don't think they did since I saw two G.O.'s into South Ferry one day, a (2) and a (5) thru the outer loop... But another (5) with passengers was in the inner loop for some reason... There was also workers with those orange vests, probably because of an approaching (5)... That days was wierd, :)!

No... 1 train GOs. When everything south of Chambers would be shut off.

Well, I don't think youre allowed on the (5) loop, but last year, my friend and I, in a momentary brain lapse ran onto a (5) train at Bowling Green, as the doors were closing. We got in, but then we found out we just got on an out of service train. The conductor came out and asked us what we were doing there, we explained ourselves and she left us alone and we were able to watch the (5) go through the loop

Well I be damned.....so what was that explaination you gave? I would like to know....*gets pen and paper to take notes*:) lol....just messing with ya. But you got lucky, if it was any other C/R you would been kicked off the train!

Depending on the time of day some of those trains remain in the loop for about an hour before they are scheduled to come out. I would advise you to be very careful down at Bowling Green. Sometimes the C/R or T/O will call it in, just to let the Rail Control know the situation, but NYPD may decide that it's a security (terrorist) thing and things get VERY bad VERY quickly if you get my drift.

Depending on the time of day some of those trains remain in the loop for about an hour before they are scheduled to come out. I would advise you to be very careful down at Bowling Green. Sometimes the C/R or T/O will call it in, just to let the Rail Control know the situation, but NYPD may decide that it's a security (terrorist) thing and things get VERY bad VERY quickly if you get my drift.

Do the CR Or TO walk through out the whole train while the train just sit there?

Do the CR Or TO walk through out the whole train while the train just sit there?

Well they don't walk through all the cars.....they walk outside of the cars and if theres any one in the cars they tap on the walls or kick them off the train if they didn't it was the last stop!

No one is allowed, except City Hall(6)<6>(Unless a damn cop or a t/a finds it as trespassing then you gotta take em to the announcement Charlie makes on downtown platform if not oh well).. And of course people go though loops, via sleeping or just for fun, which id never do :).........

anyways..

I think the only time you can get on the SF loop is on G/Os or Fan trip. damn now i miss the Old SF :mad:

Does any1 know if the (6) sometimes goes out of service before heading to loop, and then it doesnt stop at uptown platform, but heads to Westchester yd?

Does any1 know if the (6) sometimes goes out of service before heading to loop, and then it doesnt stop at uptown platform, but heads to Westchester yd?

I believe they do, but in a most likely situation it would be easy if they went out of service from Pelham Bay Park head down the express track then swtich to a different track which leads to the Westchester Yard!

Well they don't walk through all the cars.....they walk outside of the cars and if theres any one in the cars they tap on the walls or kick them off the train if they didn't it was the last stop!

They kick them out of the inner loop station? How will they leave the system then? Just wondering.

Why? The inner loop is like less than a yard away from the outer loop! It is near - near, B)!

I think you are getting mixed up...the (2) goes to Brooklyn south of Chambers...it never goes through either south ferry loop except for a GO every couple of years or so that lasts for a few weekends.

Huh? Every couple of years? You meant monthes right?

Lawd meaning if there's a G/O along the (2)/(3) line b/w Chambers Street and Wall Street. They will send the (2) via Lexington Avenue to The Bronx or Brooklyn via the Joralemon Street Tunnels.....so every couple of years on a few weekends....they fix the tracks, station, panels, 3rd rail covers b/w Park Place and Wall Street!

Archived