Subway Riding 4/5/09

Ok so I went out railfanning. This time with Metatops. We got some pretty decent stuff. Here's mine for the day.

At Jay St. an R32 (A) terminates.

033.jpg

P1010001-2.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

Out Near Coney Island

R160 (F)

P1010002-1.jpg

P1010003-3.jpg

P1010004-4.jpg

R68 (Q)...The T/O beeped and waved at us! B)

P1010005-4.jpg

P1010006-4.jpg

P1010007-3.jpg

Stopped at Prospect Park

034.jpg

035.jpg

And I got these from New Lots Ave

037.jpg

038.jpg

Let me summarize our trip here.

Kenny took the (A) to Jay Street for the (F) to Coney Island. (A) terminated at Jay Street, and the (C) did not run today.

I took the (Q) from Brighton Beach to Coney Island to meet up with him.

(F) to Neptune Avenue, walk to West 8 Street then after eating a meal, walk to West 8 Street for (Q).

(Q) West 8 Street, with a stop at Prospect Park to look at (S) then go to Canal Street for (J)

(J) Canal Street to Myrtle Avenue for (M) Shuttle

(M) from Myrtle Avenue to Wycoff Avenue for (L)

(L) Myrtle Avenue to Livonia Avenue for (3)

(3) to Times Square for (7)

(7) to Mets-Willets Point (to view Citi Field)

(7) toward Manhattan to 74-Broadway

(R) from Jackson Heights, Kenneth gets off at Rector Street, I continued to 59th Street for (N).

(N) to Coney Island

(Q) to Brighton Beach.

I'll post more photos later.

Here's our trip. Taking a R68A train on Q, then look at Prospect Park, the shuttle, the R160 J, Shuttle M, the 7 train, looking at the yard and Citi Field. Last of this is photographing the R40M/42 R train. There is also a R160A (F) train passing by us too.

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

The R160A (J)(M) trains are coming up next.

Nice!

Why did you decide to take the local (R) all the way from Queens to Brooklyn? Transfer at 57th for the (Q) and then at Atlantic for the (N)!

Also, what does the exterior LCD display say for the (M) shuttle?

Nice Stuff! Love the fact that the 2800s are still kicking it on the (Q)!:cool::tup:. Looks weird to see 160s along the Culver EL from the street near McDonalds. Im used to seeing just 46s, and every now and then a 32..

Glad you like the photos, the R68 cars are still on the (Q), and I don't see them going away anytime soon. R160s on (F) seem out of place at times, but eventually they'll fit in.

Nice pics for both of you!

Thanks a lot, buddy!

Nice shots. Looks like you two had fun!

We had a blast with this trip. We might do this again during spring break, if time allows it.

Nice!

Why did you decide to take the local (R) all the way from Queens to Brooklyn? Transfer at 57th for the (Q) and then at Atlantic for the (N)!

Also, what does the exterior LCD display say for the (M) shuttle?

I decided to take the (R) train from Jackson Heights Roosevelt Avenue Queens, through Manhattan, to 59th Street Brooklyn, because I don't ride the (R) very frequently so I decided to ride the (R). The (R) is a really good ride. The (N)(Q) weren't coming for a while also.

(M) Shuttle

(M) Metropolitan Av

That's it I think. It might have a third display that says (M) Nassau St LCL

There is no Nassau St LCL display as a shuttle. I'm going to post the (M) shuttle again here. I know there's a lot of photographs we took today.

Here are again the photos.

077.jpg

078.jpg

081.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

085.jpg

086.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

All it says is (M) "SHUTTLE" "METROPOLITAN AV", where as (M) "SHUTTLE" "MYRTLE AV" towards Myrtle Avenue-Broadway.

lol hey ya caught a shot of me from behind in the 5th photo

Yep, that was you looking at the (M) train. You got me in this photo of the R68A (Q)

P1010007-3.jpg

In case anyone's reading this, that's me with the baseball cap in the left that Urbanfortitude took of this (Q).

Archived