Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
R68 Subway Car

You will not believe what I saw today!

I was a Jay Street today and as I was waiting for the train, I heard some horn noises on the F Train uptown track, so I thought they were work cars. Then I looked and I saw the R1-9 train sets coming in. Alot of people on the platform were in shock and we talked with an MTA employee at one of the windows. It was not in service, but it was so cool to see this.

Deadhead from CI to 207 or from CI to the Museum via Jay and Hoyt?

Well, R-1 to R-9's go from the MTA Museam to 207th Yard pretty often since 207th Yard is like the only place trains can get repaired other than Coney Island Yard. So, it is a deadhead to 207th Street Yard.

If it is from the Museum, it won't be on the F track.

I love how the old, old trains even make non-railfans stop dead and start talking about them. For the older people it brings back memories and for younger people it brings in kind of makes the past present. B)

A possible theory is that the train was heading from Coney Island Yard via the (F). Perhaps to the museum. Probably some sort of repairs. After all, it takes a lot of work to maintain multiple subway cars that are between 60 and 75+ years old.

Why though?

Because The LIRR Caboose will be displayed at the TM, It will deadhead from 207th to the Museum and It will be pulled by a dissel.