Degrassi & The Best Years

DX Local Train

Guest Charles

We gotta watch "Degrassi: The Next Generation" in our CPR course. That's right, C.P.R. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. That's some bull.

I beg to differ. Degrassi: TNG is a pretty good show. Some of the storylines can happen in real life. The plus side of Degrassi is that the actors are real teens, not 20-30 years olds playing as teens. One of my favorite Degrassi episodes was when J.T had a wet dream. I find Degrassi to be lifelike and deep.

I only seen a little small bit of the current Degrassi:TNG.

As a teen i remember the oringal Degrassi series that aired in late 1980's/early 1990's. It was oringally on Canada's CBC station and became a worldwide hit. Here in New York the oringal Degrassi aired on Sunday morning from 11am-12 Noon on PBS/Ch.13.

The current "TNG" is produced by CBC main rival, Canadian Television.(CTV)

My favorite Degrassi character was Spike. Tough but yet very emtionally. It's so cool Spike's daughter is one of the main stars of TNG. It beats seeing her that having Shannon Daughtery a 20-year plus adult in real life playing a 17 year old Brenda in the oringal '90210.

I like Degrassi much more than the other popular teen drama of that era, the oringal Beverly Hills 90210.

In sense "Degrassi" can have a small amount of credit in the creating the 'reality' genre. Degrassi both the oringal and the current "TNG' series tackle 'controversial' subjects from rape, teen pregenancy/abortation, drug use and even parental abuse on teens.

Maybe i am an old man lol but i prefer to watch the oringal "Degrassi.'

We gotta watch "Degrassi: The Next Generation" in our CPR course. That's right, C.P.R. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. That's some bull.
The NYC DOE paid for a company to come to our office to take CPR training, it was also done during our regular work hours, so I pretty much got paid to take CPR training. Sucks for you guys :P

I beg to differ. Degrassi: TNG is a pretty good show. Some of the storylines can happen in real life. The plus side of Degrassi is that the actors are real teens, not 20-30 years olds playing as teens. One of my favorite Degrassi episodes was when J.T had a wet dream. I find Degrassi to be lifelike and deep.

I agree Degrassi is awsome! well seasons 3-7 at least. Sucks that most of the chacters left for season 8 the new chacters are boring IMO (Except for the one that wants to be a model... shes kinda intresting...) Some of the chacters are annoying and irrtating like Emma lol, and J.T up until that show where he had to work O.T to take care of Liberty when she was pregeant.

Btw I saw the trailer for "The best years" and I saw the girl that plays Page on Degrassi. So... is she the same page from Degrassi or she has a diffent chacter?

They show reruns of Degrassi on the CW on Sunday mornings. Canada is more screwed up than the United States. The smartest girl at Degrassi got knocked up. One kid (Rick) was an abusive boyfriend. He beat his girlfriend up and put her in a coma. He tried to come back to Degrassi and get his life together but he was bullied by Spinner and Jimmy. Rick eventually lost it and went on a shooting rampage. The show also deals with homosexuality and kids with bipolar personalities. Degrassi is like a real life version of Subchat. I can relate to the trials and tribulations of some of the Degrassi kids.

They show reruns of Degrassi on the CW on Sunday mornings. Canada is more screwed up than the United States. The smartest girl at Degrassi got knocked up. One kid (Rick) was an abusive boyfriend. He beat his girlfriend up and put her in a coma. He tried to come back to Degrassi and get his life together but he was bullied by Spinner and Jimmy. Rick eventually lost it and went on a shooting rampage. The show also deals with homosexuality and kids with bipolar personalities. Degrassi is like a real life version of Subchat. I can relate to the trials and tribulations of some of the Degrassi kids.

You don't think those things happen here? It's just that Canadian TV has the guts to actually put that in a show. They won't allow that here without heavy censoring. I don't watch Degrassi, but I commend them for tackling things like this.

• 1 year later...

Archived