Most scenic route?

larsmars223

Hey man, I would gladly pay $2.00 to take a ride on that scenic view. ;)

Good thing I gots the monthly unlimited :(

My votes for most scenic:

Rockaways (A)

Brighton (B) then get the (Q) the rest of the way to Coney Island

the (J) line

Personally I wish I'da been born earlier, so I could've stood at the front and watched the view on an R10 zipping along the Rockaways...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I would have to say the (A) from Grant Avenue to Mott Avenue and the (S) from Broad Channel to Beach 116th Street for the rides over Jamaica Bay and through Hammel's Wye.

The Rockaway Park line has neat sounding names: Beach 90th Street-Holland; Beach 98th Street-Playland; Beach 105th Street-Seaside and ends at ground level. The Far Rockaway line serves Arverne, Edgemere, Wavecrest and has trees alongside in Far Rockaway.

Broad Channel is a neat little island community in the middle of Jamaica Bay.

Eh, I have a couple.

(N)(W) b/w QBP and Ditmars(especially when u see Hells Gate, or that's what I still remember)

(7) b/w 103rd/111th(depending if you're on the LCL/EXP(EXP is better anyways)

and Main Street before it reaches the tunnel, highway, trees and yard.

(F)(G) b/w Smith/9th and 4th (best view overall)

(J)(M)(Z) after Marcy going to Williamsburg Br. I like that view as well)

That's about it

If you include SIR, is PATH eligible for vote? Ride from Journal Square to Newark is interesting, if not scenic in an industrial sort of way. Plus lots of NJT and Amtrak trains in view.

While the SIR looks like a subway and operates sort of like a subway and is part of the MTA, it is not part of the subway. PATH is a separate entity completely independent from the MTA (unless you consider the Metrocards)

While the SIR looks like a subway and operates sort of like a subway and is part of the MTA, it is not part of the subway. PATH is a separate entity completely independent from the MTA (unless you consider the Metrocards)

When did the MTA and PANY/NJ allow MetroCards to be used on PATH?

The (7) line, it was first subway I ever rode. My dad took me up to the lead car so I could look out the front of the train through the foamer's window.

I was on a slow moving (F) that was Queens bound and it was moving at a rate of speed that made it possible to look out the window, read the graffitti written on the walls, see the emergency exits, and bellmouths for the second system provisions.

Archived