TSA to take over NYPD subway bag checks

Y2Julio

TSA agents are not armed and have no status while off duty. I think on duty they are considered peace officers, and there badge is just as good as that of a mall cops badge in the law enforcement world. The only good thing about this is that the NYPD won't be wasting money on the seaches.

Are these searches even necessary, or just another waste of taxpayer money?

Security theater, waste of taxpayer money, et al.

When Bob the Bomber wants to blow up the subway, he's not going to go through the entrance with the checkpoint.

How many explosives have these checkpoints uncovered? :D

I wish these TSA officers would allow drinks to be in the subway or I'll be dehydrated by the time I get to the Rockaways. I just can't stand TSA officers, they take anythimg sharp, in-form of liquid and stuff like that from people. I hope it'll be different from the Airports, at least if they know what to do and not beat up people if they curse by accident, :D.

I can just see it now....metal detectors and checkpoints where you have to remove your belt and shoes before u swipe your metrocard B)

It's the MTA's newest way to discourage ridership. B)

When Bob the Bomber wants to blow up the subway, he's not going to go through the entrance with the checkpoint.

Actually, If I put a nuclear bomb in my backpack, in 59th street columbus circle id most likely get by the cops (I'm there everyday, not stopped once). Not everyone is searched.

Actually, If I put a nuclear bomb in my backpack, in 59th street columbus circle id most likely get by the cops (I'm there everyday, not stopped once). Not everyone is searched.

No sane person would take the risk. Yes, I know not everyone is searched, it's "supposed" to be random.

This is a disgrace to have these TSA "agents" taking of the duties of POLICE OFFICERS.

I wouldn't want these perps rummaging through my bags, that's for sure.

Hey, my girlfriend is TSA. She is not a "perp".

- A

You guys have a lot of bad stuff to say about something you know little about.

TSA screeners bear the brunt of sneezing hyper yuppy ignorant passengers who don't bother to read contract of carriage, TSA rules, or airline policy before showing up to the airport, acting like the security screening that keeps airplanes flying as some kind of irritating torture they have to whine about like little babies.

Yea, there are some bad apples, but most TSA people are very cool honest hard working people who go through a lot so you can go catch some exotic virus in say, mexico? Yea, they are exposed to all that too.

- A

You guys have a lot of bad stuff to say about something you know little about.

And what - this surprises you? Don't a number of them do the same thing in regards to the MTA and its employees?

TSA screeners bear the brunt of sneezing hyper yuppy ignorant passengers who don't bother to read contract of carriage, TSA rules, or airline policy before showing up to the airport, acting like the security screening that keeps airplanes flying as some kind of irritating torture they have to whine about like little babies.

Yea, there are some bad apples, but most TSA people are very cool honest hard working people who go through a lot so you can go catch some exotic virus in say, mexico? Yea, they are exposed to all that too.

And much like Transit workers, it's the "bad apples" that are remembered by everyone. For example, four years ago, I was all but taken to the floor at Miami International for going through security with my shoes on. I then got the big lecture about how times have changed and when was the last time I had flown. i left them speechless with the fact that it had been 7 days previous when I flew out of JFK with my shoes still on feet.

Sorry, but it's the bad apples that tainted their image. Plus, the encounters I have had with them have been bad, every time I have flown they have a horrible attitude. Also I for one hate it when people invade my personal space no matter what the reason is, so thats another reason why I can't stand the TSA. I'm sure your girlfriend is a great person, but my run ins with them led my to have a dis-like for them.

Sorry, but it's the bad apples that tainted their image. Plus, the encounters I have had with them have been bad, every time I have flown they have a horrible attitude. Also I for one hate it when people invade my personal space no matter what the reason is, so thats another reason why I can't stand the TSA. I'm sure your girlfriend is a great person, but my run ins with them led my to have a dis-like for them.

Exactly. Last time my mother flew she read ALL the notices and everything it said, she did. She brought food. Everything was in a container the right size or less. What did they do? Took all the food saying it was against the rules and ignoring everything she said. Bet they ate it too. And what can you do? Be a hero? Hold up the line and say "no this is the rules?" They'll just throw you out, say you're being unruly and you get detained and miss your flight. They have all the authority in the world, not necessarily rightly so, and basically license to do what they want, so its no surprise a lot of them WILL do what they want.

So all you can do is write a letter of complaint that no one will read, nothing will happen, and the beat goes on. That's why I don't want them doing this in subways, because most NYPD officers are reasonable. TSA I can't say that based on experience.

This is a disgrace to have these TSA "agents" taking of the duties of POLICE OFFICERS.

I wouldn't want these perps rummaging through my bags, that's for sure.

I couldn't have stated it better myself... half these people look like they might have been transferred from DMV customer service!

Archived