People who took the 8006 and BOSS exams

TrayNicole79

Could some one go into the details about the mirror, why is is set that way ? can it be adjusted ?

MTA wants to set it this way so we can see the back wheel. to make sure it clears the curb and doesn't run over someone's foot. you can't adjust it while in training, because the instructor will check if your set it the right way ;)

remember, a lot of truck driver failed to make the training because of this. try to practice with your own car will give you better chance:tup:

MTA wants to set it this way so we can see the back wheel. to make sure it clears the curb and doesn't run over someone's foot. you can't adjust it while in training, because the instructor will check if your set it the right way ;)

remember, a lot of truck driver failed to make the training because of this. try to practice with your own car will give you better chance:tup:

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't there 2 mirrors on the right hand side of the RTS? one on top of the other?

I will never forget the time I got lazy and didn't check my mirrors while I was making a right hand turn on a one way street while driving a school bus during my cdl lessons,hit the curb,man did I feel that jolt,:eek:taught me to never take anything for granted and to use my mirrors all of the time no matter what.

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't there 2 mirrors on the right hand side of the RTS? one on top of the other?

I will never forget the time I got lazy and didn't check my mirrors while I was making a right hand turn on a one way street while driving a school bus during my cdl lessons,hit the curb,man did I feel that jolt,:eek:taught me to never take anything for granted and to use my mirrors all of the time no matter what.

no, only 1 mirror each side on the RTS training bus for you to see.

so wouldnt common sense tell you to make a wide turn?

you can't make wide turn either. if it's a tight turn, you wanna play safe and make a wide turn, then you won't make the turn and need to back up. hehe, that's what happen to me, needed to back up in 5 out of 6 training days :)

you can't make wide turn either. if it's a tight turn, you wanna play safe and make a wide turn, then you won't make the turn and need to back up. hehe, that's what happen to me, needed to back up in 5 out of 6 training days :)

You can make a wide turn on a 2 way street,you see buses go into the opposite lane just a bit so they can complete the turn. Now on a one way street that is more difficult,less room to work with.

Are all of the trainers superintendents? What day did you qualify? on the 6th? Most qualify on day 7 right?

You can make a wide turn on a 2 way street,you see buses go into the opposite lane just a bit so they can complete the turn. Now on a one way street that is more difficult,less room to work with.

Are all of the trainers superintendents? What day did you qualify? on the 6th? Most qualify on day 7 right?

yes all trainers are superintendents and u qualify on day six by doing a driving course in Manhattan with everyone else training. day 7 is usually more practice for the people who the superintendents feel need more driving time and everyone practices the backing in a straight line and parallel parking.

i never heard this we got qualified day 7 and the other trainees either got day 8,9 or10 never heard of people qualified day 6??? unless they changed it

So basically you don't want to get to that point(day 8,9,10)as the pressure to qualify builds up. what is the ratio again? 3 out of 4 qualify?

So basically you don't want to get to that point(day 8,9,10)as the pressure to qualify builds up. what is the ratio again? 3 out of 4 qualify?

i guess knice1187 means the instructor will determine who going to pass by day 6. day 7, 9, 10 is the qualifying day which you take the road test, similar like the CDL road test. some instructors will tell you he/she is not only looking for day 7's road test, they will look for the combination of day 5, 6, 7. if you can't handle manhattan in day 5, 6, but you do alright in day 7. he/she may not pass you.

i don't think it's a good idea to think whatever the ratio is. because it doesn't matter. i remember there were people drove truck every day and didn't pass the test. the training is tough

i guess knice1187 means the instructor will determine who going to pass by day 6. day 7, 9, 10 is the qualifying day which you take the road test, similar like the CDL road test. some instructors will tell you he/she is not only looking for day 7's road test, they will look for the combination of day 5, 6, 7. if you can't handle manhattan in day 5, 6, but you do alright in day 7. he/she may not pass you.

i don't think it's a good idea to think whatever the ratio is. because it doesn't matter. i remember there were people drove truck every day and didn't pass the test. the training is tough

Its hard to break those bad habits that they picked up Driving.

But was your class mixed in with people from the #5025 list? Mabstoa can pick into a brooklyn depot.

Flatbush depot only has 6 bus routes?..

is 5025 = MTA bus? if so, yea we started training the same day. but did the classroom stuff in separate room.

right, it's cool that i picked brooklyn to begin with. i mean the difference between OA and TA is...civil service. but OA's list moves faster, since we didn't have to take the civil exam. most of the TA operator told me they waited 4 years for the job. but OA like me waited only few months :)

yup, 6 routes, 4 long and 2 short

is 5025 = MTA bus? if so, yea we started training the same day. but did the classroom stuff in separate room.

right, it's cool that i picked brooklyn to begin with. i mean the difference between OA and TA is...civil service. but OA's list moves faster, since we didn't have to take the civil exam. most of the TA operator told me they waited 4 years for the job. but OA like me waited only few months :)

#5025 is NYCT...Flatbush depot isn't part of MTA Bus. The only depot in Brooklyn that belongs to MTA Bus is Spring Creek. If you are OA,you got hired from the Mabstoa list.

Did you still have to do 3 weeks of line training with only 6 routes to learn?

#5025 is NYCT...Flatbush depot isn't part of MTA Bus. The only depot in Brooklyn that belongs to MTA Bus is Spring Creek. If you are OA,you got hired from the Mabstoa list.

Did you still have to do 3 weeks of line training with only 6 routes to learn?

if 5025 is TA, then no, we didn't mix with them. we did mix with the mta bus list tho. however, i know the class behind us were TA, which they started 2 weeks later.

ofcuz i know i am OA from the 2801 OA list. we all know which depot is OA/TA/MTA bus.

line training is 4 weeks not 3. it doesn't matter how many routes in a depot. like 6 for flatbush or 19 for jackie gleason, you train for 4 weeks. basically, it's not only for you to learn the routes. you get to drive and get some hand on experience. like....get a taste of a standing load up to the step. there are many things to learn;)

if 5025 is TA, then no, we didn't mix with them. we did mix with the mta bus list tho. however, i know the class behind us were TA, which they started 2 weeks later.

ofcuz i know i am OA from the 2801 OA list. we all know which depot is OA/TA/MTA bus.

line training is 4 weeks not 3. it doesn't matter how many routes in a depot. like 6 for flatbush or 19 for jackie gleason, you train for 4 weeks. basically, it's not only for you to learn the routes. you get to drive and get some hand on experience. like....get a taste of a standing load up to the step. there are many things to learn;)

I see,thanks. And during your line training are you always with another B/O or just by yourself?I think somebody told me once that once you are on your own,you work the hawk run(overnights)in the beginning.

I see,thanks. And during your line training are you always with another B/O or just by yourself?I think somebody told me once that once you are on your own,you work the hawk run(overnights)in the beginning.

your always with a bus operator while in line training, and when you are on your own it depends what depot u go to and what open slots that depot has for you to work. you could end up having to pick an open run when u first start or go on the extra list. the chances of u doing a hawk your first year is slim unless you pick vacation relief or if you work late and finished your run and some one doing a hawk run called out and the crew dispatcher ask u if u want 2 double up and do the hawk run for him.

You needed to be backed up 5 outta the 6 days?

What day did you qualify?

5025 is NYCT not MTA BUS!

your always with a bus operator while in line training, and when you are on your own it depends what depot u go to and what open slots that depot has for you to work. you could end up having to pick an open run when u first start or go on the extra list. the chances of u doing a hawk your first year is slim unless you pick vacation relief or if you work late and finished your run and some one doing a hawk run called out and the crew dispatcher ask u if u want 2 double up and do the hawk run for him.

Those xpress runs,those runs must be the first ones picked. How many system picks during the year? 2 or 3?

Most likely newbies would work 2pm-10:00pm or later.

About depot picks,do you have to list 1 or 2?..like the 1st one being your primary and the 2nd one your alternate.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.109 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

You needed to be backed up 5 outta the 6 days?

What day did you qualify?

Day 9. I sucked during the training. Should have my cdl before training

Archived