More Ng Bus on the Bx5 Route

tkx2510

I saw this bus yesterday at White Plains Rd. and Story... I actually ran to catch it. I've only rode the Orion NG once.

BX 5 needs 60' buses especially during morning and evening rush.The Bx5 is packed in the mornings and throughout the late afternoon.

Great catch!

Adding to what hoodciti said, if the Bx5 is really packed, NGs are not for them. NGs are aesthetically appealing, but they have a reduced capacity. This is not good news when it comes to crowding.

It might be just for limited use. Bx5 uses D60HFs. Its like the Tremont Crosstown Bx40/42 they run on Orion Vs on time to time. Bx19 is fully D60HFs with limited mix of Orion 5/7 and RTS

Anyways nice pics!

It might be just for limited use. Bx5 uses D60HFs. Its like the Tremont Crosstown Bx40/42 they run on Orion Vs on time to time. Bx19 is fully D60HFs with limited mix of Orion 5/7 and RTS

Anyways nice pics!

At WF, speaking of, the Bx36 needs them just as badly, and it gets artics from time to time.

Last Monday evening I took an NG on the Bx5 the bus couldnt pick up half people at the Hunts Point waiting.... i took the 5 home yesterday around 3PM and talk about over crowded and that was an artic. Maybe on the weekend you could substitute 40' buses on the Bx5 but they're almost useless during evening rush.

Archived