MTA Bus TMC RTS #7183

Bracamonte

when those RTS Buses first came to Green Bus Lines, Queens Surface Corportation, Triboro Coach Bus Company and Jamaica Bus Company, those seats were Always Gray and Red. Then ever since those company were taken over by (MTA)Bus, the exterior changed its color scheme but the interior remained the same.

when those RTS Buses first came to Green Bus Lines, Queens Surface Corportation, Triboro Coach Bus Company and Jamaica Bus Company, those seats were Always Gray and Red. Then ever since those company were taken over by (MTA)Bus, the exterior changed its color scheme but the interior remained the same.

Dude. The fourth and ninth pictures. You don't see anything wierd?

the 71xx's from lga depot are ex-triboro coach buses, the 97xx's are old queens surface buses. sadly they are disappearing. the acceleration is bad & the turning radius is short but i'll take these nova rts buses anyday over the 80xx's or 81xx's at lga

the 71xx's from lga depot are ex-triboro coach buses, the 97xx's are old queens surface buses. sadly they are disappearing. the acceleration is bad & the turning radius is short but i'll take these nova rts buses anyday over the 80xx's or 81xx's at lga

Why are they disappearing? I've seen lots of 97xx's and a few 71xx's.

Why are they disappearing? I've seen lots of 97xx's and a few 71xx's.

Also, what's replacing the ex-PBL TMC RTS's?

The O7NGs and the current batch of NYCT hand-me-downs such as the 9300s are replacing the DOT TMCs. Many of the ones at Green and Triboro were in horrible shape. That's why the QSC and JBI TMCs were spread to the other depots.

Archived