South Ferry Terminal Shots (Also found on NYCSubway.org)

MTR Admiralty

sounds like we dont need HEETs exclusively :P even tho there is

and i thought there was going to be those gates that has doors to slide when the train cars open in the platform edges, whats it called?

also seeing that these pics are recent i guess.. I bet this station wont open till spring, seeing that its still be fixed up

sounds like we dont need HEETs exclusively :P even tho there is

and i thought there was going to be those gates that has doors to slide when the train cars open in the platform edges, whats it called?

also seeing that these pics are recent i guess.. I bet this station wont open till spring, seeing that its still be fixed up

There won't be any PSDs IMO.

These pics are from December 2008.

I called the Capital Construction hotline today, they told me to leave a message. I should get an answer from them about when the station is going to open. It should be around two weeks. I hope.

There won't be any PSDs IMO.

These pics are from December 2008.

I called the Capital Construction hotline today, they told me to leave a message. I should get an answer from them about when the station is going to open. It should be around two weeks. I hope.

keep us updated

wats PSD?

Don't worry man, I live around Lower Manhattan so it's rather convenient for me to pop down for a few checks.

Platform screen door, the gates you were referring to before.

ah i see, it would of been great for safety to add em, but bad for Photography

Just out of curiosity, how are people getting these sneak peeks? I took the 1 to the ferry a week ago but it went through the usual loop.

ahahahahaahahahahahaha! Where did you expect the train to go???!!?!? Oh, save me, you are too funny!

:eek::confused::eek::confused::eek::confused::eek::confused:

(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)

..they should keep that old one as museum also.

It would be nice to have an access to that historic place. But without the 1 train it never will be the same.

I spent 2 hours to take some pictures and HD videos there the last year during my trip to NYC.

I will probably never see it again.

Sneak in, or they know someone that works for transit. Only test trains go to the new terminal as of now...

It was easy to sneak in when the gate to the worksite was open. It's closed now, so I doubt anyone could get a sneak inside without knowing someone or getting official permission.

The other way to see the station from the inside is through the R/W Whitehall Station, but one could only see part of the mezzanine.

Maybe someone can explain the layout for me? When the S/B (1) leaves Rector how will it access the new station? I see it's a duel track with an island plat. Any ideas on what the plans are for the current loop after the new station opens?

BTW Thanks for the share. Nice pics 3026ih3.gif

Maybe someone can explain the layout for me? When the S/B (1) leaves Rector how will it access the new station? I see it's a duel track with an island plat. Any ideas on what the plans are for the current loop after the new station opens?

BTW Thanks for the share. Nice pics 3026ih3.gif

Okay, the current set-up is that the S/B would leave Rector and will continue for probably 2 car-lengths and then turn to the left and continue via the loop. They built tracks straight to the new station just before the turn into the loop. They installed a level junction so that trains could access both the loop and the new station. After the level junction, the train will proceed and somewhere under the park there will be an X cross-over.

The interlocking signal south of Rector will read yellow over yellow for trains going to the loop (maintaining slow speeds around the curve while diverging), trains going to the new station should get green over green (when it is functional), IMO, trains going to the new station are probably getting yellow over green because they have to slow down when they approach the station as work crews are still there. During signal tests though, they probably would have trains run at normal speeds into the station, with the interlocking signal south of Rector set to green over green.

Okay, the current set-up is that the S/B would leave Rector and will continue for probably 2 car-lengths and then turn to the left and continue via the loop. They built tracks straight to the new station just before the turn into the loop. They installed a level junction so that trains could access both the loop and the new station. After the level junction, the train will proceed and somewhere under the park there will be an X cross-over.

The interlocking signal south of Rector will read yellow over yellow for trains going to the loop (maintaining slow speeds around the curve while diverging), trains going to the new station should get green over green (when it is functional), IMO, trains going to the new station are probably getting yellow over green because they have to slow down when they approach the station as work crews are still there. During signal tests though, they probably would have trains run at normal speeds into the station, with the interlocking signal south of Rector set to green over green.

I agree with the signal aspects. Since the 'normal' route will be to enter the lower level, perhaps the home signal would read yellow over green because of the downgrade and possibly because of the X cross beyond. Possibly there might be 1 or more single signal cabinets between the two Home signals (depending on how distant the X cross is) to let the T/O know if one or both terminal tracks are occupied. Figure the last car of the train going lower would clear the 1st home signal to allow any traffic behind it to proceed to the curve if necessary (maybe an OOS train heading back uptown). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks MTR

I agree with the signal aspects. Since the 'normal' route will be to enter the lower level, perhaps the home signal would read yellow over green because of the downgrade and possibly because of the X cross beyond. Possibly there might be 1 or more single signal cabinets between the two Home signals (depending on how distant the X cross is) to let the T/O know if one or both terminal tracks are occupied. Figure the last car of the train going lower would clear the 1st home signal to allow any traffic behind it to proceed to the curve if necessary (maybe an OOS train heading back uptown). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks MTR

I'm not quite sure about the downgrade. But ideally there shouldn't be any tight curves en route to the station, so there are no repeaters and lunars. I might agree with yellow over green, that is if the next interlocking signal is a red over red, meaning both tracks are occupied at the station. If either track is clear, the interlocking signal south of Rector should read green over green. But that's what they are doing this weekend, they are simulating real service, to make sure the interlocking signals are working properly.

I ran into the newest images on NYCSubway.org and I found several new photos there of the South Ferry station. The signs have been installed:

It says South Ferry Station with (1) on the left, Whitehall Street Station with (R)(W) on the right.

img_95610.jpg

The lift has a new sign up:

img_95611.jpg

I don't know what this building is for:

img_95612.jpg

"Enter with MetroCard or see agent at South Ferry." HEETs here:

img_95613.jpg

These pictures were taken by Robbie Rosenfeld. I will get down there on Tuesday to provide you people with my pics. These pictures were taken on 14 January 2009. We should get a date from the MTA on when the station will open.

Archived