Take a Flash back with videos of the Redbirds/R110s when they WERE in Service and Extras!

mark1447

Ive been seeing a Youtuber on YT uploading classics for about a month or so... So Take a Flash back with videos of the Redbirds/R110 in Service even the Acelas Express first preview!

R110A In Service on the (2)

R110B In Service on the (A):

Subway Series 2000, Redbird R33WF/36WF on the (7):

R142 Yankees wrapped:

Amtrak Acela Express tour before Service began in 2000:

Want more? Check out the uploaders channel and ENJOY!

Credit goes to TRANSITVIEW

Who knew it would take so long for an R110A video with it's propulsion to surface the Internet though?

Yeah but maybe these were hidden somewhere in the person home or something!

At least we got a Nice treat for Christmas:)!

It brings memory back... becuz yes I did see the R110A in person and did ride the R110B once.. Don't remember riding the 110A. Have you ever seen one before in your child hood?

Yeah but maybe these were hidden somewhere in the person home or something!

At least we got a Nice treat for Christmas:)!

It brings memory back... becuz yes I did see the R110A in person and did ride the R110B once.. Don't remember riding the 110A. Have you ever seen one before in your child hood?

Yes I have rode the R110As on the (2), and I think also on the (5). I was just too young to remember what the propulsion sounded like, though. But now, it's a different story.

Yes I have rode the R110As on the (2), and I think also on the (5). I was just too young to remember what the propulsion sounded like, though. But now, it's a different story.

The (5)s didnt get tested for this from hat i remember. The R110s were for the (2)(A) and (C).. But idk

If only these were in service or for NTT Nostalgic lol

The (5)s didnt get tested for this from hat i remember. The R110s were for the (2)(A) and (C).. But idk

If only these were in service or for NTT Nostalgic lol

The R110A did run on the (5). If you say you don't know, how can you really say where they ran?

The R110A did run on the (5). If you say you don't know, how can you really say where they ran?

smh, here we go again.. They have photos of these up on NYCsubway.org. I said from what i remember..........

Ill admit I do remember the (2) and (A) running on these. But the (5) I dont remember, the (C) i said becuz of the Photos on NYCS.

If you remember what it ran on then just say it.

smh, here we go again.. They have photos of these up on NYCsubway.org. I said from what i remember..........

Ill admit I do remember the (2) and (A) running on these. But the (5) I dont remember, the (C) i said becuz of the Photos on NYCS.

If you remember what it ran on then just say it.

I know it ran on the (5), I know the M/M who operated the R110A on the (5), that's why i said it ran there. i didn't say it ran on some line then say I didn't know.

Have anyone heard anything about what the (MTA) is going to do with the last few R110A's, and R110B's. I think they should just get rid of almost all of them except one or two of them for the museum. I also find it pretty weird when commuters on the videos mentioned that they were new technology, and wanted on every line. Little did they know that it was only an new technology experimental train, and wasn't built to be a long use subway car. They were retired only after 7 years.

I know that the chance of the R110A returning to service is extremely slim, and I do find it extremely disappointing. Hopefully some future rail car building company that would build a future subway car for the (MTA) would look back, and rebuild similar looking cars. I have faith that Westinghouse would try to build the R68's replacement, and it would look something like the R110B.

I know that the chance of the R110A returning to service is extremely slim, and I do find it extremely disappointing. Hopefully some future rail car building company that would build a future subway car for the (MTA) would look back, and rebuild similar looking cars. I have faith that Westinghouse would try to build the R68's replacement, and it would look something like the R110B.

I doubt that'll ever happen.

You will find the R110As become rider cars before they run in service again.

Archived