Total of 31 Weekday Round Trips and 3 Sunday Round Trips Added

Via Garibaldi 8

post-5097-0-92838300-1445556755_thumb.jpg
MTA New York City Transit plans to increase scheduled service on 12 subway lines with the most significant changes coming to the 42 St s.png shuttle’s weeknight service. The addition of 31 round trips planned for the 1.png2.png4.png5.png6.pnga.pnge.pngj.pngm.pngn.pngs.png lines on weekdays, as well as the addition of 3 round trips planned for the c.png line on Sundays, reflect the subway system’s surging ridership and anticipated increased demand as residential and commercial development continues to change New York City’s landscape.

Read more: http://www.mta.info/news-new-york-city-transit-subway-ridership/2015/10/22/total-31-weekday-round-trips-and-3-sunday

post-5097-0-92838300-1445556755_thumb.jpg

The E??? While I like the E getting the increase since that's my home line, but I was always skeptical as to if both Jamaica Center and Chambers Street can handle extra trains, since they go in and out like clockwork until like 9-10pm.

The (2) truly needs some service adjustments.

It's stated in the article that the increases on the Seventh Avenue line are for the (2) which will certainly help out there. A lot of what's on the bottom could be clarified. Like for examples the time windows where the increases are set, where exactly on the routes would service increase within the window? The (A) for example was given the 11:30-12 window which is odd given the whole route is much longer than half an hour. The southbound (M) I noticed is getting decreased service so why mention that in an article about increased service. Also keep in mind that these changes won't be in effect until summer 2016 so we're stuck with the current service for a little while longer.

The extra midday (A) trip is much needed, especially if the time window mentioned is based out of the 207th end.

In fact, all of these service additions are welcomed. I'm not too pleased seeing the Queens to 53rd Street corridor in particular losing a train during what's practically the height of rush hour (that train looks to be coming out of Metropolitan now, which has growing ridership), but the rest of this is a win-win for everybody.

• 1 month later...

Archived