•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    * * * * * 1 votes

Station agent 6600 questions ?

• Please log in to reply
    144 replies to this topic

#11 EgyptianEyez

EgyptianEyez
    • Pip
    • 42 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn N.Y

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:03 AM

It wasn't hard at all, BUT I want this job,so bad and want a very high score that I took a lot of time on each question. Trying to make sure I get everything right, to the point I had to rush the map part and that can possibly mess me up. Other then that all I can do is pray I got the score I really want. Did u put your answers on the take home answer sheet? I did so I can check my answers in January when they post the answer key

#12 Och0a16

Och0a16
    • 19 posts
    • LocationNew York

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:56 PM

Yeah I put my answers in the separate sheet. I think the map questions were easy. They were just time consuming.
    In the reading part they had some trick questions which I wasn't sure if I was right or wrong. Kind of annoyed me with those trick questions.

Edited by Och0a16, 03 December 2015 - 09:57 PM.

#13 EgyptianEyez

EgyptianEyez
    • Pip
    • 42 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn N.Y

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:49 PM

I know what u mean about those trick questions. I almost got caught by one of them. The one where it explained who get to ride free. Ex cop in uniform, Army military in uniform, etc etc. I almost put down (D) all of the above. UNTIL I realized they said Military personnel in uniform not Army military personnel in uniform. Lmao! Simple things like that is how they try to trick you. Also the funny thing is that the very next question mentioned Army military personnel. That's when I new I had to slow down and take my time or I will overlook Lil trick questions like that. To the point I had to rush the map part. I did finish with 3mins to spare but I feel like I might've overlooked something in that part since I didn't have time to go over it. Oh well what's meant to be will be. I just pray we both did good enough to get a call back.

#14 bkdirect

bkdirect
    • Pip
    • 97 posts
    • Locationny

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:41 PM

I know of atleast two people who said they never received any correspondence for a test date...

#15 Och0a16

Och0a16
    • 19 posts
    • LocationNew York

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:13 PM

Yes that was one of the trick questions! I'm not sure if I got that answer correct. The proposed answer key will be released in January so I'll get a sense of how I did in the test.

#16 1RealBoricua

1RealBoricua
    • 6 posts
    • LocationQueens NY

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:25 PM

How was the exam? I thought the exam wasn't bad. Seemed a bit easy with some trick questions. The map questions seemed A bit hard at first. But once you can pin point the place they're asking in the question it's easy. Not hard hard but out of the whole test that's basically were I had to do some thinking. Maybe because I don't live or commute to Brooklyn at all that's why I maybe found it a bit harder than people that live here. Since the map part of the test had only the Brooklyn section of the train map.

I found the exam to be very easy.

#17 steve b

steve b
    • 3 posts
    • LocationNew York

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:35 PM

I know of atleast two people who said they never received any correspondence for a test date...

If anyone scheduled for the exam  still hasn't recieved their admission letter with the time and location, just email examsunit@nyct.com and they'll tell you. You can pick up an admission letter at the door. At least that's what they told me. I got a confirmation email with the date last week but never got the letter with the time and place. Glad they were able to email the info.

#18 steve b

steve b
    • 3 posts
    • LocationNew York

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:45 PM

How much time do you get for the exam?

#19 EgyptianEyez

EgyptianEyez
    • Pip
    • 42 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn N.Y

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:09 PM

Wow I forgot not everyone took the test already. They're giving another one on December 13. Don't want to give out to much info like I already did. Remember we are competing for the top spots so we can get called back. I hope tomorrows test is a Lil different due to the fact that we was able to bring home an answer sheet. Wouldn't be fair if its the same and the Dec exam takers have a edge with some of the answer. @steveb 2:15 mins. Anyway Good luck to the one's taking the exam tomorrow

#20 steve b

steve b
    • 3 posts
    • LocationNew York

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:43 PM

Thanks! I assumed it would be 3 hours. 

I bet they'll use different questions this time around. Using the same test again only a month later would open up a massive cheating possibility. I would hope the MTA would realize that in advance.