O/C T/O Exam #2085

DOB2RTO

For those on the list who post here, or those who are on the list who read here but don't post here, the last eligible appointed (last one hired) is 964. I got the info from MTA Employment. DCAS automated machine keeps on saying the last eligible appointed is 600, and last eligible certified is 1067. That has been for the past 3 months. They need to update there. Really.

377 people ahead of me still. Oh.... the waiting.

Be pateint bro they will get to you..

Want to hear something strange?

I took the first Open Competitve Test they had in Feburary of 2000, i was working as a Plumber's Apperentice then took the Sat Off rom Work (was supposed to work that day in the Russian Tea Room but test was more important).

Not really "realizing" that i could have more "seniority" if i sent in my application sooner due to the fact that most people got the same score(95 to 96). So they went by filing date , oh well water under the bridge..

So when i got my list number it was 788 so im thinking "oh im going to have to wait like 5 years or something". A freind of mines who Works for the City said "watch em call you within 12 to 20 months" He was right...

Heres the twist,got the Letter in the Mail on Tuesday Sept 12th 2001...

The day AFTER Monday Sept the 11th we all know what happened THAT day.

Got hired on Monday October 29th 2001...

I know I have to be patient, but they better move it before I lose it. You know what I do for a living, and it ain't easy. It takes alot of psychological stuff to keep from losing it.

Since you may not have had a chance to read what a B/O goes through, especially our thoughts, if you have the time take a look at this....the second one is kind of funny.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=910

Unfortunately, I was "Not Qualified" for the exam. I took it, when I was 19, i believe. Later that year, i received the "results-to-be", and I opened the DCAS carbon paper envelope, and with horror, I read " Not Qualified". they wanted 5 years of Full-Time Work experience, i had almost 5 years part time. I was high school, during the previous years, I couldnt work full time. Im on the C/R list, number 11.427, ; which im sure Ill never get called for that, might as well take the next one and ace it. Oh well, I guess good things come to those who wait :D

Oh yeah they are very nuts about that work experience...

Not to mention they want to know EVERYTHING workwise you did before you applied for this job and i mean everything...

They also want to know All the Schools you went to from Public School on up and thier address, as well as any police information(arrests, jail time) as well..

LIE about one thing and they terminate you, since you are on probation they can do it without a Union Hearing and Arbritration..

They may not catch it right away but they will beacuse they check everything...

I should know went down to the old human reasources building(1250 Bway) one day on a RDO to get something and i asked..

They guy said "Oh dont worry WE checked you out you are OK"...

They pulled a guy out of Schoolcar and canned him beacuse he did not tell them about a summons he got for drinking beer in an open container.

Make sure when you get that BIG Booklet you fill out everything and if you got fired from a job you tell em and you tell em WHY...

Well they should be starting a new School car class next week.

Seen one at CCYd on Friday while doing my Bravo Put-In..

Six weeks in Schoolcar and they seem to be doing OK from what the TSS was telling me..

He told me "you arent going to scare this group like you did to that one at Parsons are you?"

I told him "as long as they dont act all arrogant and cocky, no i wont, but hey to be honest if you are scared you shouldnt be down here"..

Seen one at CCYd on Friday while doing my Bravo Put-In..

Six weeks in Schoolcar and they seem to be doing OK from what the TSS was telling me..

He told me "you arent going to scare this group like you did to that one at Parsons are you?"

I told him "as long as they dont act all arrogant and cocky, no i wont, but hey to be honest if you are scared you shouldnt be down here"..

What did you do? You was movin a little too quick and pulled a pop and stop and they crapped their pants?

Archived