Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nycbusfan

Vintage buses to hit the streets

On sundays this december some of the buses in the Museum Fleet will be running in regular service. I will post more information as it becomes avalible.

I heard trains as well. Any info would be appreciated, especially regarding lines.

Same thing goes for vintage trains. Runs only on sundays and it'll probably only run on one of the lines out of Coney Island or the (A).

But its great to hear vintage buses come out and play in revenue service. Makes for a great sunday.

While riding the B9 today I saw an ad saying that vintage buses will be running on the M34,M42 and M50 from December 10th to the 28th.

While riding the B9 today I saw an ad saying that vintage buses will be running on the M34,M42 and M50 from December 10th to the 28th.

Oh yeah. It will be starting Monday Dec 10 and the buses will include 236, 5227, 2136, and a few more and supposedly will be running on the 34th Street, 42nd street, and 57th street crosstown routes.

The M50 I didn't hear about. I'm still waiting to hear more info.

Oh so they ain't going to send them to The Bronx eh? Keep em in Midtown where less school kids and bums can destroy em.

I just realize something. NYC and MTA keeps on talking about cleaner less polluted air, but they want to run these old noxious tanks? Doesn't make sense.

Why would they put them on the pokie routes for?

That way they can't be operated to fast.

this is going to be great does anybody know what model bus its going to be am guessing fishbowl or mci classic.

Thats what I want to know. I would love to grab a few shots of a Fishbowl in Midtown.

That way they can't be operated to fast.

I was thinking more about the tourists and shoppers by impressing them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.