Any updates on Track Worker Exam 5016?

Tricknologist

Don't sweat it man, they have to hire

you if you even never ever worked a day in your life.

For some titles like T/O you need some work experience, but not for track worker B/O.

What?! Are you serious? lol

Then it seems mosts applicants are guaranteed a position given they pass the intial drug test.

Thanks for the response Loco and Spike:cool:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then it seems mosts applicants are guaranteed a position given they pass the intial drug test.

That was from what I read on here awhile ago from somebody who works as a B/O. Spike would know more then me since he is on the job, but probation(1 yr) is where you have to prove yourself. Bottom line is to be honest with what you tell them and you should be all right.

If you pass the drug test and pass the medical and as long as your paper work is in order, you're in(school). Show up to school(6 weeks I think) everyday and on time. Once out of school try not to miss any time(if sick always bring Doctors lines) and always show up on time. You'll be on probation for 1 year. Your instructors will explain all of this(and then some)to you. Congrats and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just got back from the pre-employment process. I think it all went well. I'm pretty sure I passed on the drug test and I have no criminal history at all.

I have a question about that 20 page booklet that needs to be filled out. They ask for your work history going back to the age of 18?! I'm in my mid 30's...how am I supposed to accurately fill that out? I don't have accurate information pertaining to every single job nor do I remember the precise dates. What if i'm wrong on a few dates? I'm paranoid now that they'll think i'm a dishonest person because of it. This is really stressing me out

Hey guys, just got back from the pre-employment process. I think it all went well. I'm pretty sure I passed on the drug test and I have no criminal history at all.

I have a question about that 20 page booklet that needs to be filled out. They ask for your work history going back to the age of 18?! I'm in my mid 30's...how am I supposed to accurately fill that out? I don't have accurate information pertaining to every single job nor do I remember the precise dates. What if i'm wrong on a few dates? I'm paranoid now that they'll think i'm a dishonest person because of it. This is really stressing me out

Ah, so now you know what the 20 page booklet is. I bet some of those places where you worked several years ago are no longer in business, if that is the case then don't worry about it. I would think your most recent work history is the most important.

You might not remember the dates of employment but I am sure you remembered who you worked for and where.

Good to read.

If you don't mind, what's your list number(not the whole thing, just the first 2 digits would be good) to find out how far they are on the list. Thanks...

I dont recall the 20 page booklet so I can't really help you there. Just try to remember best as you can and write down what you remember. Call the employers you remember and get dates. I'm sure you're not the first person hired who had difficulty remembering all the jobs and start dates they had over their life. You should be able to remember most tho(unless you switched jobs every year). Dont stress it. They're(NYCT)not there to go out of their way to disqaulify you. Just use your common sense and you'll be fine.

Thanks for replying fellas. I'm just a bit anxious and nervous because in my mind, I think everything about you will be scrutinized and combed over and if there's a mistake they'll have a reason to dismiss you for the next guy. I can't afford that since I haven't worked in a while.

Trick, my list number is in the high 700's. Anyone know if I get fingerprinted on the same day as medical? Hopefully that's the last step before getting sent to school.

Thanks for replying fellas. I'm just a bit anxious and nervous because in my mind, I think everything about you will be scrutinized and combed over and if there's a mistake they'll have a reason to dismiss you for the next guy. I can't afford that since I haven't worked in a while.

Trick, my list number is in the high 700's. Anyone know if I get fingerprinted on the same day as medical? Hopefully that's the last step before getting sent to school.

GO to the socail security office near u and ask for a print out of your work history....thats what i did..

Thanks for the info, buddah.

Also, I just called DCAS to see how far they are on the list and to my surprise, the hotline stated that "you are currently on an outstanding certification". Does this mean that the MTA HR has my name in their possession?

If anyone here has the number directly to MTA's human resources dept., I'd really appreciate if you would PM it to me. Since they started medicals, I want to make sure I wasn't skipped and if so, at least be on track(no pun intended) for the following class.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i got called off this list i went to livingston for a drug test on the 29th of april then they called me back on the phone the next monday telling me to come down may 6 with the 20 page booklet filled out for my medical. they treated me like a lab rat for most of the day then the doctor cleared me and i went over to the interviewer who then swore me in, tell me when is my start date, then sent me for fingerprint and photo. she allso said when i show up on may 16 i will get my free metro card id :) just in time i can park my car because gas is just too dam high. thanks for the info everyone :tup: o and my list number was in the 860's

i got called off this list i went to livingston for a drug test on the 29th of april then they called me back on the phone the next monday telling me to come down may 6 with the 20 page booklet filled out for my medical. they treated me like a lab rat for most of the day then the doctor cleared me and i went over to the interviewer who then swore me in, tell me when is my start date, then sent me for fingerprint and photo. she allso said when i show up on may 16 i will get my free metro card id :( just in time i can park my car because gas is just too dam high. thanks for the info everyone :tup: o and my list number was in the 860's

Congrats on finally getting in. I got about 300-350 names in front of mine.

I got called up for another agency to start their process. It currently looks like I won't be pursuing this. Make the best of it...

i got called off this list i went to livingston for a drug test on the 29th of april then they called me back on the phone the next monday telling me to come down may 6 with the 20 page booklet filled out for my medical. they treated me like a lab rat for most of the day then the doctor cleared me and i went over to the interviewer who then swore me in, tell me when is my start date, then sent me for fingerprint and photo. she allso said when i show up on may 16 i will get my free metro card id :o just in time i can park my car because gas is just too dam high. thanks for the info everyone :tup: o and my list number was in the 860's

Congrats. It's a great job. Maybe I'll see you in the field.

Good luck,

Spike

i got called off this list i went to livingston for a drug test on the 29th of april then they called me back on the phone the next monday telling me to come down may 6 with the 20 page booklet filled out for my medical. they treated me like a lab rat for most of the day then the doctor cleared me and i went over to the interviewer who then swore me in, tell me when is my start date, then sent me for fingerprint and photo. she allso said when i show up on may 16 i will get my free metro card id :o just in time i can park my car because gas is just too dam high. thanks for the info everyone :tup: o and my list number was in the 860's

I was probably there with you, see you on the 16th.

I was probably there with you, see you on the 16th.

ok nice what was ur list number and i guess monday i will be in orientation shouting out BEENIESFOAMS! just answer fast so i dont look like im crazy to everyone else lol

Congrats to both of you guys, and welcome to the family brothers. Just make sure you avoid being late and stay off sick control during your one year probation. Also avoid doing overtime during this period as well. Because whenever you get into trouble it's mostly during OT. So unless it's just being let off work late turn down all OT. And also plan for the future, invest in the MTA's 401K or 457B or both ASAP.

How does the MTA's 401k and 457B work? I thought you get a pension.

Pensions are automatic and you have no control over what or how much you invest into it. Where as 401K's and 457B's you have more control over what you invest in and how much. Both accounts are almost 100% identical, with 457B's only allowed for municipal employees. The company ((MTA) in this case) chooses pre-selected funds for you to invest in, all which offer some sort of risk and reward. And they offer a stable fund which is the companies fund. It's not very high in value, but you never lose money and it continues to grow slowly over time. Some companies even match what ever you contributed into the fund at the end of the year. The (MTA) doesn't match, I assume because we get pensions. Most companies that match don't offer pensions, so I guess matching is a way to make up for lack of pensions.

The only difference between the 457 and 401 plans is that in the 457 there is no 10% early withdrawal penalty like in the 401k. So if you leave let's say when you are 50 you can take the 457 money and not pay any early withdrawal penalties.

The only difference between the 457 and 401 plans is that in the 457 there is no 10% early withdrawal penalty like in the 401k. So if you leave let's say when you are 50 you can take the 457 money and not pay any early withdrawal penalties.

Oh yeah Thanx primo, I'd forgotten to mention that difference.

• 4 weeks later...

Class is going well, Big tings a gwan. We're learning how to use the rail slotter / guiding panels, also cutting / drilling rails. I can tell that this is a job that I'm going to love. Met a lot of cool people, including some senior guys. Even chopped it up with a Capital dude that was working on the 1 Train / Van Cortlandt putting panels in. Lotta good people in track work, funny ones too.

Archived