NFL star Sean Taylor dies after shooting

Trainspotter

NFL star Sean Taylor dies after shooting

MIAMI - Pro Bowl safety Sean Taylor died Tuesday after he was shot in his home by an apparent intruder, leaving the Washington Redskins in mourning for a teammate who seemed to have reordered his life since becoming a father.

The 24-year-old player died at Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he had been airlifted after the shooting early Monday, family friend Richard Sharpstein said. Sharpstein said Taylor's father informed him of the death at about 5:30 a.m.

"His father called and said he was with Christ and he cried and thanked me," said Sharpstein, Taylor's former lawyer. "It's a tremendously sad and unnecessary event. He was a wonderful, humble, talented young man, and had a huge life in front of him. Obviously God had other plans."

Full story: NY Daily News icon_offsite.png - November 27, 2007

I read that an intruder had broke into his home 8 days earlier. Seems he was definitely a target of robbery/burglary. He kept a mashedy next to his bed. That don't work when the other person has a gun. That is why I have mine.

Sad at 24 and just became a father he had to die this way.

Ever since he had his daughter he changed his hot headed ways. The birth of his daughter actually changed him according to his family, friends & teammates. He was actually becoming a leader in the Redskins. That boy had a lot of skills. That's what the Redskins franchise and the NFL considered him, a kid at only 24 years old.

The most popular sport in the United States has a problem. A problem with its players and their on and off the field behaviors. Too many of them getting in trouble with the law, association with criminals, commiting actual crimes and being victims of crimes themselves.

Archived