QBx1 is now split wit College Point and Eastchester

r40s 4501

i wonder if any MCIs get found on the QBX1 :P

Well I don't know about this one however I am living proof that (A) MCI had A <Q>BX-1 run just once

A (S)up at 20 ave Whitestone exp svc rd asked me to deviate from my

(B)ayside route to shuttle the bus that had an accident on the highway

so I loaded up everybody on my <Q>(M)(2) and changed my destination sign to <Q>bx-1 to (M)ain st making all stops ,(M)ark it was so cool with that sign up and going into main st with A (M)CI and it was all possible by the Superindnt from my depot so yes it happened:p (K)<R>

IMG_0127.jpg

anything is possible lolll

The QBx1 is out of CP depot (correcting someone and I'm too lazy to quote)

Dude, its been said that QBX1 is now Bronx and Queens Property, not just queens..

@KnightRider3099 man as BO, you sure have fun lol. Have you ever done the QBX1 for real?

Btw Orion nice Pics!

Dude, its been said that QBX1 is now Bronx and Queens Property, not just queens..

@KnightRider3099 man as BO, you sure have fun lol. Have you ever done the QBX1 for real?

Yes I've done it and I hate it really all those sections are like (W)hoa

it's been about 4 years since I've touched that routIMG_0203.jpge but don't worry I won't be pickin it anytime soon:p

I always keep busy lolhehehee

So lemme get this straight. The QBx1 is now with College Point & Eastchester. Now I have a few questions about that...

1. Which depot runs buses in what area?

2. Are the Orion V diesels that were at College Point now at Eastchester?

3. When did Eastchester get buses that weren't MCI's?

4. Is the QBx1 the only non-express route out of Eastchester?

Can somebody please answer these questions for me? (I might answer them myself on my next day off lol)

So lemme get this straight. The QBx1 is now with College Point & Eastchester. Now I have a few questions about that...

1. Which depot runs buses in what area?

2. Are the Orion V diesels that were at College Point now at Eastchester?

3. When did Eastchester get buses that weren't MCI's?

4. Is the QBx1 the only non-express route out of Eastchester?

Can somebody please answer these questions for me? (I might answer them myself on my next day off lol)

1. All

2. Yes, either scrapped or used, 6012 might be an exception.

3. Right before the fall pick two sundays ago.

4. Yes

This change is very real cause I take the QBx1 everyday to work and sometimes I get on a bus from Eastchester. In fact, yesterday I was on bus 6010. I was excited about Eastchester spitting the route cause I thought there would be more or at least better service, especially around Co-op City where I live, but it's not much different and its a little worse to be honest here. I have to leave my house earlier than before the new pick began because the bus that I would take to the (6) that would get me to work right on time, now its an Eastchester bus and it comes a few mins later. As a result, I miss the (6) that I needed to make it on time. It's still early so things can improve as of right now, I'm not all that impressed yet.

The service on the QBx1 has not changed, despite the switch. I believe it was done because Eastchester is closer to Co-Op City, therefore decreasing deadheads. However, the service is still very erratic, and personally I think the buses labeled "College Point" are the ones that are more likely to come on time. Eastchester drivers are still very inexperienced with this new local route in their grasp.

Here's a breakdown by observation. The QBx1 is still roughly 75-80% V CNG from College Point. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, though.

I believe it was done because Eastchester is closer to Co-Op City, therefore decreasing deadheads. However, the service is still very erratic

Exactly why I didn't get too riled up over this news (the split)....

figured the (few & far between) service on the qbx1 wouldn't change much...

Archived