Members Spotlight page Suggestion

My suggestion is to have like an members spotlight page where we show like a photo of them or there favorite subway photos to add in the spotlight. Like instead of having them in one page have them in what kind of members are they're like Senior Members, Members and NYC Transit Forums staff. Like also have like an member in the center spotlight page every time you reload the page. So what do you guys think?

Not going to work. Firstly, many would not want a picture of themselves or other personal info on a public page. Secondly, it would soon turn into a flame war about how some do not deserve to be highlighted. Third, only 135 members have posted more than 200 times: anyone with fewer posts certainly shouldn't qualify to be in the spotlight (only 90 have 400 or more posts). So 135 (or 90) out of over 1200 members will be a small subset and will serve no purpose since we all know who they are anyway.

Anyway, thanks for the idea, but I doubt it's going to float.

My suggestion is to have like an members spotlight page where we show like a photo of them or there favorite subway photos to add in the spotlight. Like instead of having them in one page have them in what kind of members are they're like Senior Members, Members and NYC Transit Forums staff. Like also have like an member in the center spotlight page every time you reload the page. So what do you guys think?

huh? :confused:

And seriously, on a forum where I have been called a fascist for supporting an interracial couple who were denied their right to get married, I wouldn't rather you put the spotlight on anyone at all.

Daniel, please try to explain in detail as to what you're trying to implement. I kinds get it but am still thrown off. But as per what everyone else said, I'd hate to see flame wars like what happened in the link MAA89 provided.

Also, if you could remember the fued that I happen to have missed over on October 11th? It got locked so I am pretty sure this is really going to end like it...

Link: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13755 ...

My thread got removed altogether; wouldn't be surprised if the same happened to KnightRider's one.

I am only here on the weekends, god knows how much flaming goes on all the time.

This is an internet message board and flames are going to happen. I've seen it in any message board you can think of. It happens. That's the reality of it. Will it be allowed here, no.

Thanks for you suggestion Daniel but it won't be necessary at the moment.

Archived