Junior's mousecake photo leaves bad taste for cheesecake lovers

Harry

Forget cheese- these mice want cheesecake.

Fans of Junior's cheesecake got an unwelcome surprise over the weekend when photos that appear to show a mouse in the cake display at its flagship downtown Brooklyn location began multiplying across the Internet.

The eek-inducing images of the tiny vermin peering from between two cheesecakes and another of a mouse lounging between two trays were posted to the Web site Brooklynian.com Saturday afternoon by someone using the pseudonym "Rachel Rae."

"Rae" said a friend took them and posted on Facebook.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/brooklyn/2009/10/21/2009-10-21_juniors_mousecake_photo_leaves_bad_taste.html#ixzz0UZZFFsQv

I second that. I go to the one in GCT often, i might wait till they inspect the place for access points for the critters/disinfect, but stop going completely, i dun think so. I've been made more sick by human caused issues than anything else. AMC will get my business, but i will never eat open food from there again (hot dog popped corn etc) after me & my woman got violently ill after eating said items. We knew it was from there, because it was the only food we shared that day.

- A

I'm still going to Junior's and I'm still eating their cheesecake. I never got sick from eating at Junior's (the same can't be said for KFC).

I wish you all the best eating their cheesecake. For me if it was a rodent problem in the restaurant (running across the floors), then I might still eat there, long as the rodents didn't get into the food. Those pics are of a mouse, saying cheese next to the cakes of same name........

Please tell me you will at least have them make you a fresh one.........

I'm still going to go. A mouse in the food isn't necessarily a mark of poor sanitation. How many people can honestly say that their homes and kitchens are pest-free?

I can't. I wish it would go for the bait, so it's little neck can be violently snapped. I mean I have 6 traps set up, and that little sneak took the food off of one, but didn't get caught. This is after it triggered the trap, the first time. I think I set it to tight. Now it's loose so it can go off with a little weight on it.

Well since I have a rodent problem at times (rarely though), who wants my cooking (the rodents wouldn't make you sick, but my cooking will :(:P:P).......

I recently caught & released a mouse that came inside through a hole to the outside that we can't find. Same exact kind as in that photo. They can squeeze into very, very tiny spots. It escaped from the floor into a cabinet through a quarter inch gap....

- A

I recently caught & released a mouse that came inside through a hole to the outside that we can't find. Same exact kind as in that photo. They can squeeze into very, very tiny spots. It escaped from the floor into a cabinet through a quarter inch gap....

- A

Same in my place. Thing is I came home tonight, and its little face was squashed, in the mouse-trap.........

I'm still going there food and deserts are slammin ,They have thee best Choc (L)ayer cake I've ever tasted and my Wife loves straw/cheesecake so I will still go

This might happen to any (F)ood (E)stablishment as long as food gets served then the eek eeks will lurk :P I'm taking my kids to (B)(K) today ,this just gave me incentive to get some yum yums from (J)uniors (K)<R>

I'm still going to go. A mouse in the food isn't necessarily a mark of poor sanitation. How many people can honestly say that their homes and kitchens are pest-free?

I can, no pest here. but juniors is the best, but there never never parking over there

Archived