Father of boy knifed on Bronx bus suing city because driver didn't call for help

Harry

A 16-year-old North Carolina boy had a nightmarish experience visiting his father in the Bronx when he was stabbed on a city bus.

Now the boy's father is suing NYC Transit because he says the bus driver did not call for help and abandoned his bleeding son on the street.

"He should have done the right thing, the moral thing," said Jose Jimenez, the boy's father. "The driver was running the bus, it was his responsibility."

Jose Alfredo Jimenez, of Winston-Salem, N.C., on winter break from high school, boarded the Bx27 bus at West Farms Square and E. 167th St., on Dec. 30, 2008, to visit a barbershop with his nephew.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/bronx/2009/10/23/2009-10-23_knifed_on_bus_and_left.html#ixzz0UlUtacPe

post-1-133288581094_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288581094_thumb.jpg

Yeah me too, every single day there is a fight on the subway stations or bus after high school let's out. I mean everyone one on the dailynews website is blaming the bus driver for the situation. I'am very sure he just like me with my job does not have a direct line to the police and must reports any problems to central command and they alert the police. So just because some one called 911 from their cellphone does not mean the driver did not call for help. I'm sure he just threw all the teen agers off the bus not knowing who was who and what happened. The daily news loves to sensationalize any story when it comes to the MTA, and people eat up the stories line for line with out question. If indeed the story is true the way it's being told then that was wrong of the driver, but I'am positive he did what he was suppose to do with the situation. And when the fathers goes to court against the (MTA)'s $1000/HR lawyers the will have documentation of the driver alerting central command and they case will be closed. People have also realize the driver is just one person on the bus why did'nt anyone else on the bus try to help the boy out before the situation got that out of hand??????. And also last time a driver got into it with an unruly passenger it cost him his life, by also being stabbed to death.

It's true people eat up and believe anything the Dailynews or The Post says about any MTA hourly. That is why most of the people who read those papers are so gullible they could print that Jesus himself was the driver and ran off the bus and watch how many people believe that nonsense.

This article never specifies that this child going to the driver and informing him that he was assaulted it just says he was shoved off the bus after the driver was tossing the punks off it. I love how the father is saying it happened right in front of him, so hes basically telling me that yea he was on the windshield getting assaulted does this guy know that the driver might be looking at the road? Also he cant get a good glimpse of whats going on with his mirror so he just sees rowdy kids going nuts and throws them off. This article is very gauge and tasteless like most of the Dailynews articles all it talks about is suing MTA for money like always

It is really sad and funny because once they have sucked in their readers they like to bring up arguments with the hourly employees. I had one woman blame me for the fare going up, of course I told her I hope they charge $10.00 for the fare. They get so quiet after hearing me respond with that response lol that is why I refuse to use the system anymore. I can ride it for free and I refuse too I cant deal with people holding the doors and not being able to read the simple signs that MTA shells out money to post up.

So now this B/O who obviously got off the bus for his safety because MTA doesn't want us playing hero. When is the public gonna learn this already our jobs are not law enforcement its to observe and report. If you don't feel safe taking public transportation then get a damn car that's what I learned after almost getting mugged on the (2). Hell get a bike Mayor Bloomberg has destroyed half of the major avenues with them make use of them already.

Sorry for sounding harsh I just cant standing reading nonsense like that people just love to show how incompetent they really are.

It's true people eat up and believe anything the Dailynews or The Post says about any MTA hourly. That is why most of the people who read those papers are so gullible they could print that Jesus himself was the driver and ran off the bus and watch how many people believe that nonsense.

This article never specifies that this child going to the driver and informing him that he was assaulted it just says he was shoved off the bus after the driver was tossing the punks off it. I love how the father is saying it happened right in front of him, so hes basically telling me that yea he was on the windshield getting assaulted does this guy know that the driver might be looking at the road? Also he cant get a good glimpse of whats going on with his mirror so he just sees rowdy kids going nuts and throws them off. This article is very gauge and tasteless like most of the Dailynews articles all it talks about is suing MTA for money like always

It is really sad and funny because once they have sucked in their readers they like to bring up arguments with the hourly employees. I had one woman blame me for the fare going up, of course I told her I hope they charge $10.00 for the fare. They get so quiet after hearing me respond with that response lol that is why I refuse to use the system anymore. I can ride it for free and I refuse too I cant deal with people holding the doors and not being able to read the simple signs that MTA shells out money to post up.

So now this B/O who obviously got off the bus for his safety because MTA doesn't want us playing hero. When is the public gonna learn this already our jobs are not law enforcement its to observe and report. If you don't feel safe taking public transportation then get a damn car that's what I learned after almost getting mugged on the (2). Hell get a bike Mayor Bloomberg has destroyed half of the major avenues with them make use of them already.

Sorry for sounding harsh I just cant standing reading nonsense like that people just love to show how incompetent they really are.

Very true statements. People seem to think that we (NYCT) employees are suppose to be police officer as well subway and bus personel. They have no idea about the rules and regulations we have when on duty. Like I said before I'am pretty sure the driver called the incident into the command center like he was trained to do. And yes the article was very vague and does not say whether the boy asked him for help, or if the driver even seen what had happened before he put all the kids of the bus. It just states driver left him on the sidewalk to bleed. This article reminds of the woman who got raped and blamed the station Agent on duty for not coming out the booth to help her.

I love how daily news has spun it all, blaming the driver for the guy's son bleeding to death....

"The driver was running the bus, it was his responsibility."

Indubitably... absolutely... undenaibly FALSE !

I suppose all the other (possible) bystanders in the area have less of a responsibility... and I'm not talking about the students w/ which the driver kicked off the bus, either....

I love how daily news has spun it all, blaming the driver for the guy's son bleeding to death....

Indubitably... absolutely... undenaibly FALSE !

I suppose all the other (possible) bystanders in the area have less of a responsibility... and I'm not talking about the students w/ which the driver kicked off the bus, either....

Yeah but no mention of if anyone else on the bus trying to help the boy. I guess all the other 50+ people on the bust at that time could not lift a finger to help out either, and I'am pretty sure they had a much better vantage point to what had happened than did the driver who's at the front of the bus with limited viewing angles to the back of the bus filled with people.

Archived