The top ten most annoying things in the Subway

MattTrain

Again that is not how it works. A crew gets an interval and that is it, that is his interval. If he is supposed to get into a terminal at 11:10, have a 45 minute lunch and make his next run at 11:55...guess what, when his train gets delayed 35 minutes, he still has to make his 11:55 despite getting in at 11:45. So he gets a 10 minute break and a "no lunch" and back out on the road. So that train you think is being held up because of someone on lunch, that's actually not the case at all. The schedule is determining everything.

Don't bother, some people just wont get it.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't bother, some people just wont get it.

UH...excuse me? Look. I "get" what hes talking about and I just had a misunderstanding as to what goes on in the terminal and why the train sits there for 45 minutes. I understand, I'll admit I was wrong but it was just a pet peeve of mine...this is a thread about stuff that annoys you in the subway and that kinda annoys me as a commuter who used to depend on terminal stations.

How about this....thanks for the explanation...screw off the both of you. Is there really a need to act so stuck up and act like you know everything because I don't get what happens in a terminal because I have enough of a life to not have to worry about it unless I'm delayed? and before you say "everything doesn't revolve around me" or some stupid shit like that the important place I needed to get to was school. But moving on I'm not trying to start a flame war over some senseless bs so I'll be mature and continue on topic with the thread

I guess one more thing that annoys me would be how foamers always complain about being "harassed" by cops for taking pics...I've seen the way some of these idiots react and frankly, I don't blame the police for ticketing/arresting them. I mean it's not that big of a deal just pack up and move somewhere else like everyone says...don't go playing the racial profiling or the terrorism card. If you weren't doing shit wrong just snapping a few pics be cool and act civilized

Has to be the foamers to screw shit up...thats another thing...probably the top thing that annoys me about the subway..I grew up riding the 2 and 5 with my cousin who was a T/O...I mean I like trains but then there's the ones that take that shit to extremes and how all of the civilized railfans get a bad rep because of the few lowlives who can't control themselves when they see a train, and fantasize about T/Os...those foamers.

UH...excuse me? Look. I "get" what hes talking about and I just had a misunderstanding as to what goes on in the terminal and why the train sits there for 45 minutes. I understand, I'll admit I was wrong but it was just a pet peeve of mine...this is a thread about stuff that annoys you in the subway and that kinda annoys me as a commuter who used to depend on terminal stations.

How about this....thanks for the explanation...screw off the both of you. Is there really a need to act so stuck up and act like you know everything because I don't get what happens in a terminal because I have enough of a life to not have to worry about it unless I'm delayed? and before you say "everything doesn't revolve around me" or some stupid shit like that the important place I needed to get to was school. But moving on I'm not trying to start a flame war over some senseless bs so I'll be mature and continue on topic with the thread

Geez, I guess nobody comes here to learn anything, everyone just wants to complain about things they know little or nothing about and when an explanation is given, instead of saying thanks, you'll be told to screw off and get called stuck-up. Then add the "I'll be mature" stuff AFTER you already said w/e you wanted say. Just for the record, there are very few lines with 45 minute headways even late nights baring a problem, so I have a feeling it's more like 10 minutes waiting, which is not unreasonable or unusual on certain lines.

I guess one more thing that annoys me would be how foamers always complain about being "harassed" by cops for taking pics...I've seen the way some of these idiots react and frankly, I don't blame the police for ticketing/arresting them. I mean it's not that big of a deal just pack up and move somewhere else like everyone says...don't go playing the racial profiling or the terrorism card. If you weren't doing shit wrong just snapping a few pics be cool and act civilized

Here's an idea. Have some god damn respect and don't go around running your mouth like this every time someone disagrees with you. Yeah it's real easy to complain on the internet in this day and age. You don't talk to me like that, or anyone. That's chump bullshit and I have no problem calling it what it is. I gave you a decent explanation of the way things are. You don't want to know? You don't want to learn? Fine take that weak know it all shit to strappies and go foam over imaginary routes and bitching about how "lazy" you think employees are. Guess what I know a bunch of them and they are not lazy. And when I am one, I'm not going to be lazy. And rather than just say "thanks for the explanation" or "cool, didn't know that" you gotta get all hostile and start runnin your mouth like some kinda punk

And they wonder why I say things like the future of this hobby is getting shot to shit. This is the future of railfanning. A lot of good knowledge is going to die when a lot of the older railfans die because all alot of you care about is knowing nothing and spewing hearsay and rumors and garbage, and talking about how knowledgeable they think they are, and talking about how other railfans look up to them (that alone should be a disgrace), and complaining about the way things are because "you can do it better" just based on a decent high school average. Good luck keeping the Arnines and even your beloved Train of Many Colors running when everyone that knows how to keep them running has retired, passed away, or quit the hobby altogether.

Clowns like you have no place in this hobby. You have all the answers right? At 17 right?

I agree 100% on this. People need to realize that the police have to investigate when other people call you in (I don't mean you Fordham, I mean photographers). If you are doing nothing wrong then why get so pissed, do you have something to hide?

Geez, I guess nobody comes here to learn anything, everyone just wants to complain about things they know little or nothing about and when an explanation is given, instead of saying thanks, you'll be told to screw off and get called stuck-up. Then add the "I'll be mature" stuff AFTER you already said w/e you wanted say. Just for the record, there are very few lines with 45 minute headways even late nights baring a problem, so I have a feeling it's more like 10 minutes waiting, which is not unreasonable or unusual on certain lines.

Guess not. Nobody wants to learn here everyone just wants to act like know-it-all no life a**holes...I see how it is...so...I'll go to sleep now and go to school and make something out of my life and be more than a foamer with no real long term goals.

Anyway I don't know how often you ride the train at night but the headways are horrible...especially in the outer boroughs...I don't know what fantasy line you live near where the trains come every 10 minutes late nights but w/e line that is the general manager is doing a bang up job.

Guess not. Nobody wants to learn here everyone just wants to act like know-it-all no life a**holes...I see how it is...so...I'll go to sleep now and go to school and make something out of my life and be more than a foamer with no real long term goals.

Anyway I don't know how often you ride the train at night but the headways are horrible...especially in the outer boroughs...I don't know what fantasy line you live near where the trains come every 10 minutes late nights but w/e line that is the general manager is doing a bang up job.

Excuse me watch your damn mouth....where the hell you think this is? This isn't the streets!

I have ridden the subway many times at night (2AM to 4AM) and I have not waited more then 30 minutes unless there is a problem. It seemed in your post about crews being in crew rooms, that you were blaming them for making the train late because they were taking breaks. It is very unfair to think that they should not have breaks, they are people too and I' sure that after spending and hour or 2 in a small box, one would like to walk around a bit. It is true that trains run with larger head ways over night, it is not worth the money to have trains every 10 or 15 minutes on the over night.

Here's an idea. Have some god damn respect and don't go around making enemies. Yeah it's real easy to complain on the internet in this day and age. You don't talk to me like that, or anyone. That's chump bullshit and I have no problem calling it what it is. Watch your fvcking mouth little boy.

..I didn't come here to make enemies...at first I hated this site and the people on it because a few people were talking about people on the forum I come from...I came here to share my thoughts and ask questions and obtain answers...this isn't a bad site...just guys like you who act like know-it-all a**holes as soon as I say something slightly wrong and blow it out of proportion and act like you have a PhD in foaming.

This day and age has nothing to do with it...I don't intend to talk to anyone like that..I'm a really laid-back respectful/respectable person and I have people that can attest to that.

I don't call it chump bullshit I call it standing up for myself

And yeah...the cursing really makes me respect you now.

..I didn't come here to make enemies...at first I hated this site and the people on it because a few people were talking about people on the forum I come from...I came here to share my thoughts and ask questions and obtain answers...this isn't a bad site...just guys like you who act like know-it-all a**holes as soon as I say something slightly wrong and blow it out of proportion and act like you have a PhD in foaming.

This day and age has nothing to do with it...I don't intend to talk to anyone like that..I'm a really laid-back respectful/respectable person and I have people that can attest to that.

Hahahaha...that's really funny. It's hilarious. Never mind that what I told you was explained to me by MULTIPLE TA employees. Obviously it doesn't mean jack shit until I get something in red under my name that says "Train Conductor" "Train Operator" or "Train Service Supervisor". And posts like that get people to come out and correct you because it is wrong and it criticizes people incorrectly. How would you feel if I said it pisses me off every time I see a high school kid talking loud on a train because all high school kids are lazy a**holes who do nothing except yell, scream and make noise? That would be a pretty a-hole thing to say, and yet when you go and do the same thing about TA employees in your world it's just fine and dandy and you expressing an opinion, and then when someone corrects you, you can't handle it and have to start mouthing back to them.

And keep it going with the "I'll be something someday"...hate to break it to you kid but with that attitude you're going nowhere fast

And you are not "laid back/respectful/respectable" if within 3 posts you find it necessary to whine like a bad girlfriend about:

-TA employees

-This site

-Other railfans (well ok maybe that one you have a point)

I have ridden the subway many times at night (2AM to 4AM) and I have not waited more then 30 minutes unless there is a problem. It seemed in your post about crews being in crew rooms, that you were blaming them for making the train late because they were taking breaks. It is very unfair to think that they should not have breaks, they are people too and I' sure that after spending and hour or 2 in a small box, one would like to walk around a bit. It is true that trains run with larger head ways over night, it is not worth the money to have trains every 10 or 15 minutes on the over night.

Ok to you I apologize for telling you to screw off...I didn't intend to blame the crews...Just them bsing around and acting unprofessional kinda pissed me off to think they were doing what they did on company time I understand theyre entitled to breaks after long runs but there's a line between a lunch break/quick chat with other T/Os about their trips and what not and things like a male T/O chasing a female T/O around and 2 T/Os slapfighting outside the crew room and other T/Os cheering it on (I've seen it before, not going into any more details) I mean it was kinda funny but I had to get home lol.

So hopefully you see where I'm coming from...didn't mean to come off as an *******

Don't turn this around. You came here making false judgments of TA workers. You were answered and corrected respectfully, and responded with an attitude and calling people a**holes and saying they had no life and to "screw off". But at the end of the day you're a laid-back, respectful/respectable person, right? Sorry, that's also not how it works. If don't respect the people here, you won't get it in return. Doesn't matter how many long term goals you have or who can attest to it.

Ok to you I apologize for telling you to screw off...I didn't intend to blame the crews...Just them bsing around and acting unprofessional kinda pissed me off to think they were doing what they did on company time I understand theyre entitled to breaks after long runs but there's a line between a lunch break/quick chat with other T/Os about their trips and what not and things like a male T/O chasing a female T/O around and 2 T/Os slapfighting outside the crew room and other T/Os cheering it on (I've seen it before, not going into any more details) I mean it was kinda funny but I had to get home lol.

So hopefully you see where I'm coming from...didn't mean to come off as an *******

I get where you are coming from, but just like you and me the train crews are people. Don't tell me you never enjoyed a good slap fight or cheered one on. And also, many of the conversations that I have had with employees start off being about trains and the system, the sucky management, and all that good stuff, but it always shifts to non transit talk, I'm sure the last thing a T/O or C/R wants is to talk with other employees about transit stuff.

Hahahaha...that's really funny. It's hilarious. Never mind that what I told you was explained to me by MULTIPLE TA employees. Obviously it doesn't mean jack shit until I get something in red under my name that says "Train Conductor" "Train Operator" or "Train Service Supervisor". And posts like that get people to come out and correct you because it is wrong and it criticizes people incorrectly. How would you feel if I said it pisses me off every time I see a high school kid talking loud on a train because all high school kids are lazy a**holes who do nothing except yell, scream and make noise? That would be a pretty a-hole thing to say, and yet when you go and do the same thing about TA employees in your world it's just fine and dandy and you expressing an opinion, and then when someone corrects you, you can't handle it and have to start mouthing back to them.

And you are not "laid back/respectful/respectable" if within 3 posts you find it necessary to whine like a bad girlfriend about:

-TA employees

-This site

-Other railfans (well ok maybe that one you have a point)

And keep it going with the "I'll be something someday"...hate to break it to you kid but with that attitude you're going nowhere

You can always be laid back and have those few things that piss you off at times (...things that annoy you in the subway..)

I'm entitled to my opinion..this is a country of free speech...I have a right to complain since every time I pay 2.25 some of that goes to them. I ain't paying to see them box or chase females up and down the platform. I paid to get from A to B in a timely fashion.

Yeah I'll complain about the TO's like I said I saw slapboxing outside the Crew Room...how would you like it if you saw 2 surgeons slapboxing outside the OR before operating on somebody you know? Probably be a completely different tune...just saying...

You can always be laid back and have those few things that piss you off at times (...things that annoy you in the subway..)

I'm entitled to my opinion..this is a country of free speech...I have a right to complain since every time I pay 2.25 some of that goes to them. I ain't paying to see them box or chase females up and down the platform. I paid to get from A to B in a timely fashion.

Yeah I'll complain about the TO's like I said I saw slapboxing outside the Crew Room...how would you like it if you saw 2 surgeons slapboxing outside the OR before operating on somebody you know? Probably be a completely different tune...just saying...

Well my post was explaining that you waiting for a train was not because of those crews, that's all.

The rest is your opinion and that's fine.

Personally they are people too so I say let it be, part of it being America and free speech and free opinions also applies to those crews as well in their freedom to enjoy their breaks, but that's me... I realize it gets scrutinized because no one knows what secretaries do on breaks since they're not out there for the public to see...same with firefighters, but cops and TA guys everybody knows so they get held unfairly to a different standard

As for surgeons, whatever keeps them loose and relaxed for their procedure is fine by me, same for any job, the last thing I want is a Nervous Nellie twitching becauase all he can think about is the surgery but that's my OPINION and I leave it at that...

With all of that said there was still absolutely no reason for you to tell me or anyone else who replied to that to "screw off" and I actually AM pretty reasonable around here so if you want to apologize for that it can move on, no hard feelings

Many people was hoping you never joined anyways!

This day and age has nothing to do with it...I don't intend to talk to anyone like that..I'm a really laid-back respectful/respectable person
This is no time for jokes!

and I have people that can attest to that.
People from that childish forum you came from, of course they will have your back. As skinny as you are a pencil could have your back!

Or making an ass out of yourself.

Don't be jealous that he earned more respect than you....

In all seriousness, this may be something you don't understand. When you have a real job (40 hours a week) and you have a limited break time, thats your time and it means alot to you. At jobs I have had with the city, my break time is my time and I will do what ever I want because I have earned it. Maybe they should have been doing what they did in a non public area, but it is unfair until you have work a day or two in their shoes. Again, don't take this to be a reflection on you.

i have an idea. stop examining what ta workers do and stop peeking inside crew rooms looking to find things to annoy yourself with. go to the other end of the platform and mind your business. problem solved.
Hahahahahaha ohh snap you got me in tears!

Archived