Were the R143s tested on the Washington Metro?

LTA1992

I was referring not to Light/Rail Trolly operations, I was referring to heavy rail service, B).

Your still not getting it. It is widely know that the Market-Fankford El in Philly is broad gauge. That El is heavy rail so again you are wrong BART is not the only broad gauge transit system.

AsTrainz or something like that. There a few years old now, 5 or so I think.

Those are very nice cars actually. Some of my favorites from outside NYC. They are very "R110Bish" if I say so myself.

*watches Philly M/F El ridership jump by 10% next month*

Wow those philly cars are nice.Is that their new fleet? and if so,who built them?

Yes, it is! They were built by Adtranz, which is now part of Bombardier.

Basically, the Market Frankford line is the Pennsy Broad gauge, as is Septa's light rail lines. But the Broad Street line is standard gauge.

Pittsburgh's light rail is also broad gauge. This was deliberately done to make the system incompatible with the railroads.

As for the R143's, I think there would have been pictures of it and such, so it's quite unlikely. Moreover, NYC has a very vast network, with more than 2 track mainlines. With a system like that, they wouldn't need to use the DC Metro. It'd be incompatible anyway.

Yes, it is! They were built by Adtranz, which is now part of Bombardier.

Basically, the Market Frankford line is the Pennsy Broad gauge, as is Septa's light rail lines. But the Broad Street line is standard gauge.

Pittsburgh's light rail is also broad gauge. This was deliberately done to make the system incompatible with the railroads.

As for the R143's, I think there would have been pictures of it and such, so it's quite unlikely. Moreover, NYC has a very vast network, with more than 2 track mainlines. With a system like that, they wouldn't need to use the DC Metro. It'd be incompatible anyway.

Unless it was a CBTC related sort of thing. DC Metro uses the same system.

Archived