Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Next week, I hope to achieve railfanning immortality. I have the entire week off. On Monday, I will head to Philadelphia and attempt to take pics of and make a video of the Silverliner V. On Friday, I will look for the M8. The Silverliner V and the M8 on the same week. Can it be done? Stay tuned...

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lance25

Guys, before you put your stuff on the seat next to you on that bus or train, think about who or what was there before.

tumblr_lh4otdAWU01qzgiyxo1_500.png

I came across this the other day and felt it needed to be reposted.

Next week, I hope to achieve railfanning immortality. I have the entire week off. On Monday, I will head to Philadelphia and attempt to take pics of and make a video of the Silverliner V. On Friday, I will look for the M8. The Silverliner V and the M8 on the same week. Can it be done? Stay tuned...

Good luck with the M8s and the Silverliners. I'd ike to head to Philly but it's too far for me and I don't know anyone out there so CGT will have to cut it to catch an M8. A lot of people find them ugly, but they look alright to me. I'd much rather have an M8 in our subway system than an R160, but oh well...that's just in a pipedream.

...and people think i'm the crazy one when I stand for an entire trip.

I always try to avoid what I like to call the "bomb seats". Those are the seats on the NTTs, near the interior car sliding doors (not sure what the official name for those doors are) that the homeless always seem to use.

The M8s would look cool in Kawasaki's native Japan, but that top light just kills it. Godawful things. Not to mention I'm not exactly a fan of Metro-North. Or the state of Connecticut. Or Pennsylvania, but that is for another time.

I like how sleek the R160s look, but if the LED sign is somehow missing half the fracking letter or the circle around it, it ruins it for me.

I like how sleek the R160s look, but if the LED sign is somehow missing half the fracking letter or the circle around it, it ruins it for me.

You will only see that in some photos. It has something to do with the 160's LED refresh rate and the camera itself. (Maybe someone here can explain this better.) I have never nor have anyone I know spot such on an 160.

You will only see that in some photos. It has something to do with the 160's LED refresh rate and the camera itself. (Maybe someone here can explain this better.) I have never nor have anyone I know spot such on an 160.

The higher the shutter speed, the more "screwed up" the LEDs will come out. You take a shot at 1/45ths of a sec, and the photo will come out decent, but higer shutter speeds like 1/250, 1/500 and the LED will appear messed up.

The LED sign on the R160s have a refresh rate somewhere near 1/100 of a second. The camera, when used with a shutter speed higher than 1/100, you get a partial LED sign image because that all the camera "sees".

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Traveling expenses...don't know anyone with a car who lives out there and travels back and forth between Penn. and NY on a regular basis.

Use Megabus. If you book early and catch the specials, you can get there and back in under 20 bucks, sometimes about 10 bucks

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Use Megabus. If you book early and catch the specials, you can get there and back in under 20 bucks, sometimes about 10 bucks

F*** MegaBus!

F*** MegaBus!

Lol I don't see why everyone has so much beef with Megabus. So what, it crashed a few times possibly due to driver neglegance but it still gets you where you need to go (sometimes late but it deals with traffic jams in multiple states lol)

Hence why I said "f**k megabus"!

Lmao lemme use some examples...

-Look how many times the subways crashed, you still use them don't you?

-Look at how many RTSs crashed and burned, you still like them don't you?

-Look at the R40 slants that crashed, you still like them don't you? (That's right, I went there :P)

lmao lemme use some examples...

-look how many times the subways crashed, you still use them don't you?

-look at how many rtss crashed and burned, you still like them don't you?

-look at the r40 slants that crashed, you still like them don't you? (that's right, i went there :P)

f**k megabus

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my $10 roundtrip ride, two seats to myself, and an electrical outlet so I can watch DVD's.

Lol thank you :tup:

The M8s would look cool in Kawasaki's native Japan, but that top light just kills it. Godawful things. Not to mention I'm not exactly a fan of Metro-North. Or the state of Connecticut. Or Pennsylvania, but that is for another time.

Everyone has a quip about the headlights,but believe me when you see this train in person,its not that bad.The rest of the train makes up for the unsightly headlight mowhawk on top.