Various buses at the Farms

DOB2RTO

I have noticed a few older (pork chop window and re-powered) RTSs, in the main yard with no decals. They are freshly painted. Orion V 675 from Gun Hill is here now. Also two nearly destroyed MCI Cruisers are in the main yard. They are located along the wall at 177st, next to the Amtrak train tracks. You can see all of them the from the Q44 Queens bound bus stop. I did take a pic of the 2 Cruisers, but forgot to save it. I will try to get pics tomorrow morning of the RTSs, and the Cruisers.

I have noticed a few older (pork chop window and re-powered) RTSs, in the main yard with no decals. They are freshly painted. Orion V 675 from Gun Hill is here now. Also two nearly destroyed MCI Cruisers are in the main yard. They are located along the wall at 177st, next to the Amtrak train tracks. You can see all of them the from the Q44 Queens bound bus stop. I did take a pic of the 2 Cruisers, but forgot to save it. I will try to get pics tomorrow morning of the RTSs, and the Cruisers.

Wow thats weird. I can only think of the following options:

1) Transfer to MTA Bus

2) Fix up for NYCTA

3) Waiting to be scrapped.

I wonder whats gonna happen to them. Thanks a lot for the info.

Wow thats weird. I can only think of the following options:

1) Transfer to MTA Bus

2) Fix up for NYCTA

3) Waiting to be scrapped.

I wonder whats gonna happen to them. Thanks a lot for the info.

The RTSs ain't being scrapped, as they are freshly painted. The 2 Cruisers OTOH, might be. The windows are blown out, and they are badly damaged. I wonder did they pull those RTSs from the small yard across from the depot.

The Cruisers are not in the 1800 range, they are in the 2000 range. As for the RTSs, more have been put in the yard. They must be former MTA Bus buses, as where the MTA logo is on the front sides, the space left is too small to put New York City Bus. I have a feeling they are preparing them for Grand Avenue Depot. That is why they are taking them from the storage yard, across from the depot.

As for those pics, I tried last night but they sucked, and this morning I was too tired to get any. I'll get them before I leave the depot, though.

Looks like they're just going to do some work on those buses and put them back on the road, no problem. It might be a while though.

Hard to tell in the pics from the glare of the sun on the windshield of the bus I was parking, but 2819 all the windows are busted out. The buses look worse then the pics show, but I have seen buses in worse condition put back into service. West Farms does not do body repair. They would have to go to Zerega Facility for the work that's needed.

Hard to tell in the pics from the glare of the sun on the windshield of the bus I was parking, but 2819 all the windows are busted out. The buses look worse then the pics show, but I have seen buses in worse condition put back into service. West Farms does not do body repair. They would have to go to Zerega Facility for the work that's needed.

Oh yeah, I see what you're talking about 2819. That one definately might be a while before it gets back on the road. I doubt the MTA wants to get rid of a bus like an MCI, they really can't afford to do that.

• 1 month later...
cid__1224071102.jpg

and for those who may not be able to view the first one, from my photobucket account

1__cid__1224071102.jpg

They are in the gallery also, so you can see the huge image.

i actually saw these 2 the other day while i was on the Q44. theywas in the lot arcoss the street with the rest of the broken buses

Archived