11/22/09 Port Jefferson Line

R44 5278

Slammin pics! I don't like how narrow the M7 seats are though.

Thanks. Nothing beats the M1/M3 seats, but at least the M7 seats are so much softer than the NJT MLV seats! Of all the new train cars, the M7 and Comet V has the best suspension systems.

Nice pics! I used to ride the Port Jeff line to Stony brook often a few years ago.

Slammin pics! I don't like how narrow the M7 seats are though.

Totally agreed! It was a terrible commute the one time a fairly wide person sat next to me on a 2-seater. I think it was from Mineola to Jamaica or something like that.

I would rather they have 4 seats that were the same width as the M1/3 seats at the cost of a very narrow 5th seat, for the aisle. Plus I don't like how the seats face the middle of the train especially the middle where you are sitting across from someone. The C3's are the best in terms of comfortable seats and of course the seats facing away from each other except for the end of the cars.

Thanks, it reminded me of my home line the Gladstone Branch esp. when it became single-tracked after Huntington.

Yeah, that single track can lead to many a delay during rush hour, I'm glad I only use Northport (2 stops east of Huntington)

It was a terrible commute the one time a fairly wide person sat next to me on a 2-seater. I think it was from Mineola to Jamaica or something like that.

I would rather they have 4 seats that were the same width as the M1/3 seats at the cost of a very narrow 5th seat, for the aisle. Plus I don't like how the seats face the middle of the train especially the middle where you are sitting across from someone. The C3's are the best in terms of comfortable seats and of course the seats facing away from each other except for the end of the cars.

Wider people are problematic no matter what kind of seat you're in (not meant to offend, just stating facts). And the middle seats facing each other on the M7 are good only if you're travelling with people you know or you have it all to yourself. Otherwise you got no leg room. But the best seat is on the C3 with the 2 single seats facing each other cuz if you get there early enough no one will wanna share (except for the ones that think you're cute) :P

I agree, but even the M1/3 and C3 seats would not be too big a problem. I have to take a measurement, one of these days, about how wide and narrow those seats are.

Most of the time, heading home, i would have another seat for myself on the C3, but by around Smithtown or such, it will be filled eventually.

For me leg room isn't that big a problem, but I would rather stand than to sit in a seat facing another one. Especially if it is a 3-seater.

Thanks everyone! I agree that legroom is a massive problem for the M7s' center seats, though I always put my feet up on the opposite seat when nobody else is around. NJT solved that problem on the MLVs by putting the seats in the opposite direction of the M7s. Also on Eurostar trains they installed a table to separate the two sides.

Archived