The Good, The Bad...

R10 2952

So I rode the Nostalgia Train on Sunday. I caught it at 34th Street at 4:13 PM, rode it to Queens Plaza, and then rode it for the final trip to 2nd Avenue. How many cars were in the consist? I didn't get the chance to count. It seems there were only seven cars, even though this year there were supposed to be eight. If that was the case, then why was there no eighth car? Although in general, the trip was a lot of fun. Only thing was that there were a LOT of foamers. Some of them just looked/appeared/behaved downright abnormal.:eek: Anyway, here are three pictures-

The lead car of the R1-R9 consist (The Good):

miscellaneous2009022.jpg

The last car of a Coney Island-bound R160 consist on the (F) (The Bad):

miscellaneous2009023.jpg

The last car of a 207th Street-bound R44 consist on the (A) (The Ugly):

miscellaneous2009024.jpg

So there you have it, folks: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly!:P:P:cool:

If you thought the last trip was bad, then be glad you were only on that trip as all the others were filled with railians.

Wow. In that case, I can't imagine how bad it must have been before I showed up. Did the foamers mess anything up?

Wow. In that case, I can't imagine how bad it must have been before I showed up. Did the foamers mess anything up?

No, if they did they would have been ejected at the next stop. We place guards in every car (an employee or RPC member in a vest and some with out vests) in every car to make sure this does not happen.

The R44/R46 are the most beautiful trains in the world. Leave em alone!:mad:

I beg to differ.

@St. Louis Car 09: A foamer is a person who takes their interest of railfanning/the transit system to the extreme, hence causing problems for themselves, and the people around them.

I thought there was only 7 this year?

No, trust me. After spending the better part of the day on the train making sure there were no door problems and what not, I know there were 8 cars. The 4 owned by the TA and the other 4 owned by RPC.

Nobody ever answered my question.What is a foamer?

Rail Foamers are people who are obsessed with trains.. And only like trains.. And also hog up the rail fan windows, make train noises and other crap. Even stalk most cars

Rail foamers are Rail Fans/Buffs but only thing is a Rail fan is just a person who likes trains and have other interest.. Im a Rail fan! NEVER a rail foamer, im not obsessed..

Most Rail "Buffs" are also rail foamers, so don't be fouled..

of course this is about RAIL FOAMERS, not any other type of Foamers thats non-rail related..

Nice pixs btw! But you really shouldn't use flash even if its illegal. The images don't come out well with too much light sometimes..

Oh and btw! The R44 are not ugly! I love em!

I beg to differ.

I was being cynical, I don't like em either, but I don't complain b/c I have to use those suckers everyday, and I don't have much of a choice. My eyes always light up when i catch a R32. Wish we had more of them coming n goin to the Rock.:)

Rail Foamers are people who are obsessed with trains.. And only like trains.. And also hog up the rail fan windows, make train noises and other crap. Even stalk most cars

Rail foamers are Rail Fans/Buffs but only thing is a Rail fan is just a person who likes trains and have other interest.. Im a Rail fan! NEVER a rail foamer, im not obsessed..

of course this is about RAIL FOAMERS, not any other type of Foamers thats non-rail related..

Nice pixs btw! But you really shouldn't use flash even if its illegal. The images don't come out well with too much light sometimes..

A rail buff/subway buff is just another name for a railfan, not a foamer.

hah, funny :P

I can barely be considered a railfan anymore. My last trip on the subway before last Sunday was over 3 1/2 months ago :eek:

Oh, nice R44 photo :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived