Non-represented workers face 10% paycut

Cohitre

As non-represented workers for NYCT we do not have nobody representing us to fight for our rights; therefore is very easy for the authority to cut our salary. I want to start a thread where we can voice our opinions and come up with ideas to protect our jobs.

As non-represented workers for NYCT we do not have nobody representing us to fight for our rights; therefore is very easy for the authority to cut our salary. I want to start a thread where we can voice our opinions and come up with ideas to protect our jobs.

whats your title?

She is one of about 6,000 provisional employees who are going to get a 10% pay cut starting on April 1st. Jay Walder, the head dork of the MTA says that same pay cut will apply to him. But he makes 350k yr+ 5k a month housing allowance.:tdown:

This all reminds me of the people that complained about their Christmas bonus being less than it was the year before. People that are working really shouldn't be complaining at all. Period. Make an adjustment. Go out to eat dinner one less time. You'll survive. There are millions that can't find jobs.

whats your title?

I'm an non-rep Associate Transit Management Analyst and I took the same test and passed just like the Associate Staff Analysts in the union. After this cut, I'll be working next to them with the same responsibilities, but less pay.

I'm an non-rep Associate Transit Management Analyst and I took the same test and passed just like the Associate Staff Analysts in the union. After this cut, I'll be working next to them with the same responsibilities, but less pay.

Ok I understand, everyones having problems now, even in my line of work.

? would you rather take a pay cut or be laid off right about now if I were in your shoes I would go about my business and make it business as usual although I do sympathize with you there are going to be people in far worse situations then you are in

making money is better then being on the unemployment line

? would you rather take a pay cut or be laid off right about now if I were in your shoes I would go about my business and make it business as usual although I do sympathize with you there are going to be people in far worse situations then you are in

making money is better then being on the unemployment line

I totally agree with that....

Make the ajustment in your lifestyle, i spent years making minium wage and living in a "room" in a Brownstone in Harlem...

After making good money working for the Daily News.

It's best to try to hold on what you have for now until you find something better. Trust me I know...it's very hard to look for work these days, and I'm still looking...I haven't seen any hours in my job since Oct. 18th, no O.T., falling behind on bills, not able to buy christmas gifts to anyone this year, and I had to barrow money from my 401k to make ends meet.

It's best to try to hold on what you have for now until you find something better. Trust me I know...it's very hard to look for work these days, and I'm still looking...I haven't seen any hours in my job since Oct. 18th, no O.T., falling behind on bills, not able to buy christmas gifts to anyone this year, and I had to barrow money from my 401k to make ends meet.

I'm in the same situation also. I have only worked 2 days in the past 2 weeks, and things are at a standstill for me. It sucks I hate being home but no one is hiring right now. I feel like i'm going to go into panic mode but i'm still holding tight.

Thats just crazy my cousin left NY in October went down to orlando and I speak to him from time to time every interview he goes on he gets a call back and this is someone with a limited job history i dont know what it is with NY

I'm in the same situation also. I have only worked 2 days in the past 2 weeks, and things are at a standstill for me. It sucks I hate being home but no one is hiring right now. I feel like i'm going to go into panic mode but i'm still holding tight.

Guys....try this website..... http://www.indeed.com

punch in the job you are looking for and the Zipcode.....jobs will come up that you would have never heard about......good luck!! :)

Archived