8713-8722 at Jamaica

R32 3838

Last night I saw 8713-8722 heading towards Jamaica, Trust Me they had done some interior work to these cars, In other words every other car has the Locked flip seats, So Get your Camrea Out on the (E)cko, I not really a big fan of R160's but I would want to shoot the 1st R160 that came on TA property at Jamaica Center.

Last night I saw 8713-8722 heading towards Jamaica, Trust Me they had done some interior work to these cars, In other words every other car has the Locked flip seats, So Get your Camrea Out on the (E)cko, I not really a big fan of R160's but I would want to shoot the 1st R160 that came on TA property at Jamaica Center.

Isn't the (E) all R160 already? Would think the new ones would be headed for the (F) till they finish those and then head to the (R).

Its nice that the R42 is gone and R32 will be gone soon as well.

Even if the subway cars were all R160, would I be happy? Probably not. Once in a blue moon I would use the (E) or (F). I don't travel much and don't need to.

Hope you all get what you want. SMEE if you wish, or NTT, whatever you prefer. I just want to get out of the city and outside the USA personally. Will I use mass transit elsewhere? Probably not.

With the (W) being discontinued which has R160's I presume those cars will make it to Jamaica Yard or East New York to phase out the R42's?

The good part about the service cuts is the bus route cuts which will free up the roads and cut down on traffic. Problem is the city will have oodles of spare bus'es at its depot's. I guess they can phase out the older buses sooner now.

Sick of mass transit, sick of the city, quite frankly sick of technology.

This is my last post on here.

Isn't the (E) all R160 already? Would think the new ones would be headed for the (F) till they finish those and then head to the (R).

Its nice that the R42 is gone and R32 will be gone soon as well.

Even if the subway cars were all R160, would I be happy? Probably not. Once in a blue moon I would use the (E) or (F). I don't travel much and don't need to.

Hope you all get what you want. SMEE if you wish, or NTT, whatever you prefer. I just want to get out of the city and outside the USA personally. Will I use mass transit elsewhere? Probably not.

With the (W) being discontinued which has R160's I presume those cars will make it to Jamaica Yard or East New York to phase out the R42's?

The good part about the service cuts is the bus route cuts which will free up the roads and cut down on traffic. Problem is the city will have oodles of spare bus'es at its depot's. I guess they can phase out the older buses sooner now.

Listen, listen...no one gives a flying HOOT as to your hatrid towards the SMEEs...I sure don't.

Do you ever actually have an intelligent post to make to every thread instead of bashing the SMEEs? Notice how SMEEs weren't even in this convo until you brought them in here. You want to start a SMEE hating thread, do so here.

Enjoy the rest of your day now. If you choose to leave, don't let the international plane door hit you on the way out.

Are you serious?

Less buses=more people without a bus

More people without a bus=more cars

More cars=much, much, much more traffic.

Ignore him...it's obvious he doesn't know what he's saying. He's talking out of his rear end instead of backing up his claims which results in a total fail.

Ignore him...it's obvious he doesn't know what he's saying. He's talking out of his rear end instead of backing up his claims which results in a total fail.

Just ignore him b/c I'm sure that you don't want to bring back 33rd St's mouth either. As for 8713-8722 moving to Jamaica, wasn't there a memo earlier this year saying that CI will get all the R160 options and push the base orders to Jamaica yard?

ive noticed that when jamaica gets a new set of 160s they put them on the (E) and move another older set from the (E) to the (F)and ive noticed now it is becoming a rarity to see an 46 on the (F) i ride the (F) everyday and have only ridden 160s for teh past two weeks

This is my last post on here.

Peace.

Just ignore him b/c I'm sure that you don't want to bring back 33rd St's mouth either. As for 8713-8722 moving to Jamaica, wasn't there a memo earlier this year saying that CI will get all the R160 options and push the base orders to Jamaica yard?

Why are you are even bringing him up into your posts? Anyways, back to the ORIGINAL topic (on R160s): I guess I have to check out this seatless pilot program they're testing out on the (E). And as for the option order rumor, I haven't heard anything about that as of late.

Yea, hopefully, they'll make their way on the (R). I'm tired of those slow-moving R46 cars.

WHAT?! IMO, R46s don't move slow, it's just the (R) line in general that makes the line slow, but it's a pretty fine route if you ask me. But a little variety doesn't hurt, you see the occasional R32 on the line.

Well, I have to say that the R46 does go fast on some portions of track, but with all the upgrades (uphills) on the (R), the R160s would be able to cover that, unlike the R46. 95th Street bound between 36th Street and 45th Street is an example.

Well, I have to say that the R46 does go fast on some portions of track, but with all the upgrades (uphills) on the (R), the R160s would be able to cover that, unlike the R46. 95th Street bound between 36th Street and 45th Street is an example.

I know what you're saying, I've taken that stretch heading to school on Mondays.

10-car trains cannot be sent to eastern division, they can only run 8-car trains. And just because the W is being cut, the N will need a few extra trains to run local and the Q will need a few to go to Queens. So it'll be a redistribution of trains.

Free up roads? cut traffic? You gotta be kidding... all it'll mean is those riders will have to drive or carpool into the city. There's nothing good about bus route cutes, unless it is the half filled express buses routes that gets service cuts.

A Siemens R160B set would be cool for Jamaica yard. I believe the second half of the Option 2 order of R160B 9873-9942 might have that traction motor, but I don't know if Jamaica (E)(F) or Coney Island (N)(Q) and (W) will get them. That prototype R160B 8713-8722 might be rolling around the (E)(F) by now...

Jamaica is getting the rest of the R160 order. 8713-8722 is just the pilot train for the experiment; I would assume that should they succeed then they could just as easily outfit the Jamaica trains with the seatless trains as they do with the CI trains.

ive noticed that when jamaica gets a new set of 160s they put them on the (E) and move another older set from the (E) to the (F)and ive noticed now it is becoming a rarity to see an 46 on the (F) i ride the (F) everyday and have only ridden 160s for teh past two weeks

Sometimes the new sets are on the (E), and sometimes they're seen on the (F) first. I would suggest that everyone gets pictures of the R46 (F) trains while they still can before they become too rare to be worth waiting for.

Yea, hopefully, they'll make their way on the (R). I'm tired of those slow-moving R46 cars.

The hell are you talking about? R46s are just as fast as the R160s (maybe a little slower in acceleration but they can achieve the same speeds).

Archived