The Official R160 Delivery Thread

R33WF

I've stated already, Option 3 is basically dead. I wouldn't get my hopes up on seeing anymore of them, not because I don't care for em, but because no money is coming towards the MTA's way to bail them out from stopping these cuts so what makes anyone think they can get money for ordering trains?

That too.

Whatever happens in the future cannot be fully and accurately predicted now. So whatever happens, happens and we shall wait and see. I doubt myself that there's going to be a third order.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 9940 series R160s are now at ENY...however, they won't be kicking anything out because they'll most likely be for the new (M), meaning that the R42s on the (J) will still be around. A T/O on SubChat posted pics of the consist already, 9943-9950.

But couldn't they just put these new cars on the (J) and put the older ones on the (M)? Also when he said no (M) program, is that just for the new ones or does this apply to all the R160s?

But couldn't they just put these new cars on the (J) and put the older ones on the (M)? Also when he said no (M) program, is that just for the new ones or does this apply to all the R160s?

What I mean is...the cars are for ENY so the (J) and (Z) can use them too (sorry if I confused anyone there).

I'll look into that last comment you made as I didn't look at the whole SubChat thread other than just for the pics NETO posted.

I thought there was money from the government solely for the purpose of new cars. Especially when you have cars about 40 years old. Or something like that.

There is. The R160s were brought through bonds (at least the base order was). The remainder were bought through the capital programs, through the (MTA)'s capital budget (base order was also out of the capital budget, as are all new cars).

They still have to reprogramme everything anyway, because the transfers and announcements have to be up-to-date with the new service changes that are coming up.

Ah. only 4 more cars to go and the R160A order is finally complete. those cars are probably in transit right now...

They are done with the R160.The last four cars were deliver on Monday.

Finally! Now all of them are here. Now the bulk of the foaming will be scrapped.

P.S. Foaming on the R160s is worse on Youtube.

Hell yeah.

I've seen flaming on YouTube over car types. It's really pathetic.

I recorded a video of an R42 (Z) train and some idiot commented on every single R42 (Z) video lashing out negativity because I like R42s and he doesn't. He ruined every R42 video I had saying something idiotic. Jesus f***in' Christ! If you don't like the car type then why the F***are you commenting on it, especially if you have NOTHING good to say???

Some people are dimwitted jackasses. smh....

Archived