Hello

Pressed Steel

Thanks for all the great replies. Yep, I'm a transit fan as you might notice. The Old Look GM was one I used to take as a young kid when we lived in the Theatre District. We used to catch it on 44th And 7th Ave. It would stop on the Island there in the middle of Times Square. I believe it was the 5th Ave Coach Lines #6 Bus. Because of traffic, it used to take quite awhile to get to 14th St or 34th St to go shopping. My mother took the bus, becuase she had a horrible sense of direction and would always get lost, especially on the subways. Getting home was an adventure too. One Christmas, we ended up at Washington Sq. Park on the downtown #5 rather than going uptown on the #6. I don't remember how we got home that night, but I do remember it was cold.

:)

Favorite subway line is the West End Line (D). I rode it when it was still a "BMT" line and it was always an enjoyable ride home from a full day at Coney Island on a summers night. It's still a great ride, but I don't smell the Eggplant Parmigiana like I used to on Friday nights there.

• 2 months later...

Archived