Your favorite HO scale model railroad manufacturer

Harry

What is your favorite HO scale model railroad manufacturer?  

1. 1. What is your favorite HO scale model railroad manufacturer?

• Athearn/Athearn Genesis
    • Atlas
    • Bachmann
    • Broadway Limited
    • Kato
    • Intermountain Railway
    • Life-Like
    • Lionel
    • Model Power
    • Walthers

What is your favorite HO scale model railroad manufacturer?

Mine would be Athearn/Athearn Genesis. Everything I have is Athearn and then Atlas. All my locomotives and some of my 50' boxcars are Athearn Genesis. All of my containers are from Intermountain Railway Company.

I've found that Walthers passenger cars are worth the price. They even spend the R&D to make the Amtrak Heritage Cars with the proper ends and underbodys. Now if only Walthers would make a P1K R44/46 or Arrow III I'd be happy. When you say Life-Like are you referring to that junk that used to be sold in Toys "R" Us years ago? For those who don't know Walthers bought Life-Like a couple of years ago.

I've found that Walthers passenger cars are worth the price. They even spend the R&D to make the Amtrak Heritage Cars with the proper ends and underbodys. Now if only Walthers would make a P1K R44/46 or Arrow III I'd be happy. When you say Life-Like are you referring to that junk that used to be sold in Toys "R" Us years ago? For those who don't know Walthers bought Life-Like a couple of years ago.

Walther's is good for their passenger cars. I've seen their (NJT) cars and they look great.

And yes, I mean Life-Like that junk that Toys "R" Us used to sell, the same Life-Like that Walthers acquired. The same junk I used to play with when I was a kid. But not anymore.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the Ready to Roll series by Athearn. I'm a fan of Norfolk & Western, Southern Railway and early Norfolk Southern which were characterized by high nose locomotives and Athearn has offered a number of these units in its RTR line. Thus far, I have all three NS ex-SOU GP40X's and two N&W SD45's including the Bicentennial 1776.

Regards,

Earle

• 11 months later...

Archived