New Year's Eve busfanning (finally!)

LRG

After railfanning the (7) (see footage here), I met up with a couple of my friends and went busfanning. We rode the B61 from Queens Plaza to Red Hook since we knew we wouldn't be able to do that anymore (as of the 3rd):

04-1.jpg

05-1.jpg

07-1.jpg

08.jpg

13.jpg

En route to Red Hook, we came across a sign that wasn't changed yet to B62. Trust me, a lot of signs between Long Island City and Queens Plaza were changed to B62, but not this one (sign reads Wythe Avenue and South Ninth Street):

14.jpg

Continuing on to Red Hook:

15-1.jpg

16-1.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

After we got off at IKEA, we passed this lot that had some MTA buses stored in there. We soon found out that they were movie buses:

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

Yep, it's a movie bus:

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

NOTE: This is an abnormal RTS! LOL nah, not really, but it's a 35-footer (I later found out that the MTA never used 35-footers so I wondered where they got this from), and it has the original back doors that the MTA, for some reason, did not want, and had swinging doors retrofitted instead on all their buses:

31.jpg

32.jpg

Anyways, back to busfanning:

30.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

Then we hopped on the IKEA shuttle bus, went to Downtown Brooklyn, and resumed railfanning.

That's all for now. Enjoy!

nice shots . and i never knew they had movie buses and have you ever seen the honeymooners with cedric the entertainer he works out of manhattanville depot and he had 455 orion hybrid witch is retired now and he had 3966 rts nova 06 - heres cedric 39550_ba.jpg . he has a manhattanville depot logo hat and i have one to .

nice shots . and i never knew they had movie buses and have you ever seen the honeymooners with cedric the entertainer he works out of manhattanville depot and he had 455 orion hybrid witch is retired now and he had 3966 rts nova 06 - heres cedric 39550_ba.jpg . he has a manhattanville depot logo hat and i have one to .

Thanks, and yeah, they have buses set aside for movies and TV.

The (L)RG has delivered the goods from ikea to <Q>Plza :tup:

Nice investigative reporting on the Movie RTS's:tup:

Thanks KR and no problem.

Archived