SBS #1200

aemoreira81

BTW, may be a bit O/T, but what do those 3 numbers in the bottom right of the windshield mean? (In this case, 001).

That's the run number. 001 would actually be the first run. On 24hr lines, it would be the overnight bus. If there are two overnight buses, then you would get a 002 run also. Those are usually straight run numbers at TA/OA. Mixed runs, like the Bx4 Bx40/42, or the Bx15 and Bx17, drivers may do a 2 trips on 1, then two on the other, or any combo, but they will work two different routes in the same day. Those sometimes start with 100........

Bx40/42 straight runs, and Bx1/2 do not count, as they are basically the same route. They get straight run numbers (again for the Bx40/42, unless it has the driver making a trip or two as a Bx4, which then makes the run a mixed run.....)

That's the run number. 001 would actually be the first run. On 24hr lines, it would be the overnight bus. If there are two overnight buses, then you would get a 002 run also. Those are usually straight run numbers at TA/OA. Mixed runs, like the Bx4 Bx40/42, or the Bx15 and Bx17, drivers may do a 2 trips on 1, then two on the other, or any combo, but they will work two different routes in the same day. Those sometimes start with 100........

Bx40/42 straight runs, and Bx1/2 do not count, as they are basically the same route. They get straight run numbers (again for the Bx40/42, unless it has the driver making a trip or two as a Bx4, which then makes the run a mixed run.....)

i thought that was the t/a workers id number or something.. What about ones with an X?

Well I think the bus looks GREAT like this. All the colors come out with on this bus. I would like the license plate to be moved to the center but aside from that, I don't have any complaints. The (MTA) actually did good with this one. I can't wait to ride it once training is done.

Yep!

The +SBS livery looks so squezzed.. I think the NobaBUS LFS were better naked then with the livery. But hopefully tht t/a can fix it. Not bad but, but needs fix!

(Last year picture of mine)

VS.

Ok, what are you not getting about the major difference between the two that the scheme looks as you say "squeezed"? You have a high floor bus, and a low floor bus.

Archived