Good bye South Brooklyn Railway scrap yard.

I just posted this on subchat,

South Brooklyn Railway scrap yard is being bought out by an auto dealership, and the tracks have begun being removed. I seen last night that there are brand new Dodge vehicles ALL over the side lots from the yard. There only will be 1 possibly 2 mainline tracks which will stay in place. Yea, i'm definitely not happy about this, but that is what is happening. Phase I is still in effect, Phase II of the project will rebuild the track connection Cross Harbor to South Brooklyn. Will keep you guys updated on whats going in the future.

Any specific reason for reconnecting SBK to CHRR? I wonder if they're planning on taking deliveries through there in the future...

Of course, one can't really speculate on the delivery mode for future orders, but I bet there's something the TA brass know that we don't.

Any specific reason for reconnecting SBK to CHRR? I wonder if they're planning on taking deliveries through there in the future...

Of course, one can't really speculate on the delivery mode for future orders, but I bet there's something the TA brass know that we don't.

I don't have the info on the exact reason why they will rebuild the connection, the only things that comes to mind is when they retire all the older Diesels (R37's) and C-Division rolling stock, because they won't reef equipment like that, but photos to be coming up within the few weeks.

Are you talking about the yard that is along 1 Av in the 40s?

No, this is the yard on 2nd ave near39th street behind the costco. The one your thinking about is a different one thAt the PA now owns.

Archived