Cops busting fewer people for fare-beating, NYPD statistics show

Harry

What can be done to cut down on turnstyle-jumpers?  

1. 1. What can be done to cut down on turnstyle-jumpers?

• More personnel in stations.
    • Harsher penalties.
    • Nothing. It's a problem that just won't go away.

I think they just aren't patrolling the right stations. Go to some of the ones out in the Rock, even here at Rector St or something. They'll find more.

these cops are not doing their jobs......some of them sit in facility rooms all day, and do other things other than watch for farebeaters......also, since they put in those emergency gates, forget it, thats encouraging them to ride for free........less eyes means less of a chance getting caught......like one poster said, make partolling the backbone again........

most people who get caught have the money to pay; they just dont want to pay up!!

these cops are not doing their jobs......some of them sit in facility rooms all day, and do other things other than watch for farebeaters......also, since they put in those emergency gates, forget it, thats encouraging them to ride for free........less eyes means less of a chance getting caught......like one poster said, make partolling the backbone again........

most people who get caught have the money to pay; they just dont want to pay up!!

Thank you for the post. Those Emergency Exit gates are an invitation to more lost revenue for New York City Transit.

Select Bus Service, Emergency Exit Gates, cutting token booth clerks, less cops walking the beat, hell it's just the MTA screaming out FREE RIDES

Also I heard B/Os are or are being instructed to not accost anyone who fare beats on their buses so more invite for these losers to do it....I don't blame them persay, I blame both the TA and the NYPD because they're both in this together.

I'll dissect each one by one

1. Select Bus Service

These fools really gave Bronxites the moral responsibility of paying before they got on the bus with nobody around to force them to pay except those bullshit guards that come around every few weeks and don't really scare anybody.

2. Emergency Exit Gates

Another bunch of idiots to blame, the ones that go through these gates even though they're for EMERGENCIES ONLY!...even though I will admit they are closer to the exit, still the TA should make it clearer that those gates are just a breeding ground for lames trying to get a free ride...so it's really the passengers who can't spend 20 seconds going the other way...which are the same ones bitching when the TA is short 8 million bucks and has to cut service on their home line

3. Cutting Clerks

Fail...just epic fail...I mean the MetroCard Machines are Out of Service most of the time anyway....I'm not saying it's ok to hop the turnstile or w/e but still people aren't given that much of a choice in most situations like this.

4. Less Cops Walking the Beat

What happened to people actually respecting police and adhering to the rules set before them? I will admit that attitude hasn't existed in the Bronx since....like ever but still I see people fare evading with cops in the immediate vicinity and nothing happens to them...Well this doesn't happen every single time. What I think should be done can be best seen out on the New Lots Line in Brooklyn...the cops hide behind this door with a peephole and when someone beats the fare they jump out of the room and the guy is taking a nice van ride down to the precinct.

End Rant

These cops are a joke. Arrests are down because all they do is sit around playing with their phones text messaging all day or just hanging out sleeping in the car or in the break rooms. Thats the only reason the arrests are down. They are on a 8 hour coffee break. You can catch them anytime just sitting in their cars parked for hours next ot the train station doing nothing. Then maybe for 15 minutes they go upstairs.

Forget about fare beaters, worry about patrolling the subways so they can be useful at busting robbers and theifs and people with guns.

Transit cops arnt real cops, they are pathetic. Im surprised they are even allowed to carry a gun.:tdown:

UNDERCOVER cops are the key to this whole jumble. If someone sees a guy with a uniform that says NYPD on it, is he gonna jump the turnstile?:confused:

UNDERCOVER cops are the ones who I was referring to, sitting around playing with their phones, text messaging, sitting in the cars for hours. I even see one playing play station portable on the station frequently. Yes hes an undercover cop. He wears a MARINES hat, typical tan Carhart construction jacket with a silver 9MM poking out of the bottom.

UNDERCOVER cops are the ones who I was referring to, sitting around playing with their phones, text messaging, sitting in the cars for hours. I even see one playing play station portable on the station frequently. Yes hes an undercover cop. He wears a MARINES hat, typical tan Carhart construction jacket with a silver 9MM poking out of the bottom.

They don't care about the big picture of bringing in the bucks, by doing their job. Meet a quota, and they are good for the day.........

I've seen cops on their cell phones and doing some other things..you know the random bag search?some of them don't check people bag they be texting, chanting with their partner.One time I saw a cop got onto the L train and he sat down and he was eating some good food!

• 2 weeks later...
They don't care about the big picture of bringing in the bucks, by doing their job. Meet a quota, and they are good for the day.........

Exactly. I was on the (L) train the other day at Eighth Avenue and a lady walked through the cars and cops were in the other car, but said nothing. May I also throw in that it was last week Wednesday on the 31st of March, the last day of the month. As long as they meet their monthly quotas what they do after the fact is their prerogative.

And they give fines to people eating in the subway:p

Since when?

There was a bus driver on the S79 last month who b*tched about me eating on the bus...I was sitting in the front and he told me if I wanted to continue eating I'd have to go to the back because it was against the rules (I never moved, but being polite I stated if the rules aren't set anywhere why gripe about me eating on the bus?). He tried to point out the rules but there weren't in fact any (he pointed out a sign that said "No smoking, spitting, littering, or radio playing...BUT there wasn't a "no eating/drinking" sign present!).

I'd understand if it was Bee-Line because they have signs on their buses prohibiting eating and drinking but the bus driver was off his meds.

Eating on the bus or subway is just gross. Plus, people eat such weird s**t that stinks up the subway car or bus.

seriously, some of the shit people eat these days smells so bad. :confused:

Eating on the bus or subway is just gross. Plus, people eat such weird s**t that stinks up the subway car or bus.

If anything, all I get is just 4-piece chicken nuggets from McD's and call it a day. I've seen people eating a schmorgasbord on the train/bus and that is just asinine. No wonder Bee-Line banned eating and drinking.

I like it when people bring fresh fish they gotten from the fish market onto the buses and trains.

Yeah, now THAT'S disgusting.

I might eat a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich or drink a Snapple, but it's rare that I eat an entire McDonalds meal on the subway (unless I'm really in a rush).

I've had the hotcakes-only platter on the Staten Island Ferry a few Saturday mornings because I leave so early and most of the time I don't even have time to even eat cereal when I'm getting ready to leave.

Archived