Mr. Billy Leroy Is Arrested For Selling Subway Signs

The Story Here: http://gothamist.com/2010/03/20/billys_antiques_owner_arrested_for.php

Mr. Billy Leroy owns Billy's Antiques And Props on East Houston (maybe you've seen the shop) and had been selling subway signs for more than a decade. Yesterday around 11am, a NYPD Police Officers arrived at the shop and using bolt cutters took all the subway signs and placing Mr. Leroy under arrest.

Just becuz of the t/a signs they arrest this man? I don't like how the NYPD acts sometimes or T/a..

If he didn't steal the signs but have some other company make em, then why the hell would the city get into this for some stupid signs...

Oh boy..

Seems like most of you people have no idea what your taking about... again. A few months ago I had gone over there and I had asked this guy how he got the signs. I thought he had bought them from the MTA (surplus materials) but he said that he knows a guy who works for the TA. He said this guy works for Stations Dept. and every once in a while he will come by and drop off signs. This is not legal, there are proper ways for the MTA to transfer materials and this ain't it. Yea it is odd that it took 12 years to go after him, but what he is doing is not legal since it is stolen property.

Seems like most of you people have no idea what your taking about... again. A few months ago I had gone over there and I had asked this guy how he got the signs. I thought he had bought them from the MTA (surplus materials) but he said that he knows a guy who works for the TA. He said this guy works for Stations Dept. and every once in a while he will come by and drop off signs. This is not legal, there are proper ways for the MTA to transfer materials and this ain't it. Yea it is odd that it took 12 years to go after him, but what he is doing is not legal since it is stolen property.

What a surprise.

Wow, it is certainly interesting that people are blaming the police for arresting a man who is selling stolen property. Lets think about all the money the TA lost due to this guy and his "inside man" for selling the property over the course of 12 years.

WOW what big tough cops... Bolt cutting the guys locks and arresting him for selling signs. Cops are such P$%ies. If they are really tought theyd be busting drug dealers and gangsters instead of going after people selling old signs.

These are the same cops who go and use bolt cutters to cut bike locks and confiscate bikes chained outside because its illegal to chain bikes outside.

Way to go! Good use of resources in a crime filled city. Make sure all those bike riders and sign sellers go to jail and pay fines!

There are over 35,000 officers in NYC and each one has a job. Some of them do narcotics enforcement, some of them remove bikes unlawfully chained to transit property, and some even arrest people that sell stolen transit signs.

WOW what big tough cops... Bolt cutting the guys locks and arresting him for selling signs. Cops are such P$%ies. If they are really tought theyd be busting drug dealers and gangsters instead of going after people selling old signs.

These are the same cops who go and use bolt cutters to cut bike locks and confiscate bikes chained outside because its illegal to chain bikes outside.

Way to go! Good use of resources in a crime filled city. Make sure all those bike riders and sign sellers go to jail and pay fines!

I'm sure if someone stole something from you, you'd want the cops to arrest the person/s that did it.

And like I said, this guy is a disgrace bearing the name "Leroy". Good thing I knew what I was talking about....

I'm sure if someone stole something from you, you'd want the cops to arrest the person/s that did it.

Wheres the proof that he stole them? I thought someone was selling him the signs? Really though, with all these cops and all the crime, why are we focusing on some old transit signs?

Archived