What Got You into Transit?

gregorygrice

Bingo. I'm glad my sarcastic mockery of the railiens did not go unnoticed.

Next time you're on a trip - ANY one of you - LOOK AROUND. Just take a step back and remember this is a hobby. What you see before you will now seem comical.

I cannot TELL you how many times I've seen a railien go up to a pretty girl and bore the living shit out of her by talking nonsense about the train.

lol RAILIEN

My wife isn`t too much into the hobby.If anyone girl me questions of why am I taking pics of various transportation products,I`ll tell them and give a bit of insight about the product.But thats about it.:)

Thats exactly what I do. lol

i just started liking buses dont know why lol

Me too.

Nobody I know knows that I'm into buses (RV's too). I have a younger sibling who's becoming somewhat of a busfan, her favorite buses are the MCI's, NG's, & RTS's and she says things like "I didn't know there was a Q83". Sometimes it gets annoying, she's more into it than me.

Me too.

Nobody I know knows that I'm into buses (RV's too). I have a younger sibling who's becoming somewhat of a busfan, her favorite buses are the MCI's, NG's, & RTS's and she says things like "I didn't know there was a Q83". Sometimes it gets annoying, she's more into it than me.

There will always be outliers in statistics; outliers are the ones that deviate very far from the average.

I got into it when I was still in grade school. I think I was 10 or so and I conned my mother into letting me stay home from school because I was "sick", the second she left I took the (F) to the (N) to the (R) out to 86th Street in Bay Ridge. When I was on the (N) I rode a slant 40 and I was looking out the front when the train encountered a track gang. I had no idea as a kid that people were allowed in the tunnels even if they worked for the subway and from that day on I knew it was what i wanted to do.

It was not until college that I started hanging out with other people who liked trains mostly because on the few occasion that I had time to ride the trains, it was my time. Over the last 2 years I have started doing alot of work at BERA and I am qualified motorman up there and I spend most of my time working with the Rapid Transit cars.

Over the last 2 years I have started doing alot of work at BERA and I am qualified motorman up there and I spend most of my time working with the Rapid Transit cars.

Bingo. When I was a kid and I wanted to ride, I most often did it alone. Time alone is a good thing, but certainly should never be the only thing.

As for BERA, the Lo-V is basically ready for members day. Cleaned the contacts in the group, reverser drum, and both ends of the MC...also checked the compressor and the A6 switch so should be good to go

You are so lucky to have a view of the yard. If anything, I would love to live by the Coney Island yard. Also, riding the train back and forth also releases some stress from me at home.

Yeah here a video of an out of service r42 between Met and FP carrying MTA workers to show you my view of the yard. if I lived on Madison, I would have an amazing view of the yard.

Many of the girls at my school think that its cute that I like trains and transportation because they think most boys are just sports. But I dont say anything. lol

lol, some of the girls in my school think i'm a little off because of my interest in trains. But whatever, I really don't care.

"Yeah here a video of an out of service r42 between Met and FP carrying MTA workers to show you my view of the yard. if I lived on Madison, I would have an amazing view of the yard." - freshpondroadstation

Nice! So lucky.

Thanks. When I saw this, I almost had a heartattack because I was used to seeing r42s and 40ms out that window from 2005 to 2008 and then the 160s started to take over. I consider that my greatest catch because these cars never touched the rails on Myrtle in 2 years :)

Well my interest in buses began as a child growing up in Fresh Meadows and living along the Q17/Q88 and the Queens Surface routes that operated nearby. that and the many days I spent with my mom at the 165th St Bus Terminal while she picked out veggies at the produce store there... plus walking along the Av and smelling the fumes of the GMC RTSs pulling off nice and strong from the curb. Jamaica Bus and Green Lines, good times, good times... Then I'd moved to Flushing- around the time that Long Island Bus was getting the 1997/1998 Orion V CNGs brand new, man those were good buses. Then I graduated high school and I started to use public transportation to get to college which is what got me into the transit scene in 2009. Just had to chase these wonderful vehicles before they disappear for good...

lol, some of the girls in my school think i'm a little off because of my interest in trains. But whatever, I really don't care.

I can kinda say the same because when I'm at school, I have alot of study halls and use the computer alot. Many of them wonder how I can look at trains and buses all day. And when I'm on this site they think I'm checking my email:p

I can kinda say the same because when I'm at school, I have alot of study halls and use the computer alot. Many of them wonder how I can look at trains and buses all day. And when I'm on this site they think I'm checking my email:p

lol. It was funny when I updated my facebook status as "I Fuc*ing love the subway. Its my passion to take pics of the trains. I want to be a Train operatore and I don't give a shit if you think it is weird. :P" Then there was like 20 comments from my friends saying that I was weird but I already know I'm weird. :P

NYCTFmail?

Yeah its weird that someone would think that.

lol. It was funny when I updated my facebook status as "I Fuc*ing love the subway. Its my passion to take pics of the trains. I want to be a Train operatore and I don't give a shit if you think it is weird. :P" Then there was like 20 comments from my friends saying that I was weird but I already know I'm weird. :P

Lol. What people don't realize, is that everyone is weird in their own way.

I got into railfanning just because my cousin is a T/O in the MTA, I never liked trains up untill around 2001 although my dad bought me train sets when I was little and he is a Pilot for Air Jamaica so I liked planes also. But if anyone of you guys were to see me in person you would never have thought I would be a railfanner. Im a quiet person, into rap loves rims on cars and so on. I know enough in the transit bizz to be called a railfan.

Archived