What is your favorite Ballpark/Stadium and Arena to watch a game?

Shortline Bus

Since it started in the 'shoutbox' though i create a thread on it debating the new Yankee Stadium or Citifield. What is your favorite Ballparks/Stadiums and Arenas to watch a game and why?It does not have to be baseball alone either it could also apply for the NFL, NBA/NHL and college football & basketball as well?

It could be locally in the NYC/NJ area or Nationally across the US and Canada as well if you are lucky enough to have done so? (which i have;) I offer my takes later but went to hear from you guys? So let the chat begin.:tup:

As someone who lucky enough to have been to see most of the USA and parts of Canada i list my favorites sport venures. First the worst stadium/arena ever for a pro game.

Olympic Stadium Montreal. The Expos needed to have left this eyesore since 1999 but it was amazing they stayed until 2004. I been here once August 1998 when the Expos played the San Diego Padres and my own chance to see Tony Gwynn 'live' in person at a game.

Stadiums/Arenas i been to including some that have closed.

All of the NYC/NJ metro stadiums and arenas at least once including "Old' Yankee Stadium(at least 30 times)Shea(at least 10 times), MSG, Nassau and the Meadowlands Arena. i been to Giants Stadium once to see a college football game in early 1980's with my Dad as young boy. (forgot who was playing)

MLB Parks and Stadiums

"OLD" Yankee Stadium(i have yet gone to 'new' stadium though)

Shea

Olympic Stadium/Expos

Petco Park-Padres 2006

Fenway-Standing room seats 1999.

Camden Yards/Orioles around 1993 and 2000.

Skydome aka Rogers Center/Blue Jays-1992 and 2000.

Angels Stadium/Angels-1992.

US Celluar Field/White Sox in August 2001.

Passed by but never seen game at

Wrigley/Cubs

PNC Park/Pirates

Dodger Stadium

NBA/NHL Arenas

MSG(at least 20 times between Knick/Ranger games and the Circus)

Wacohovia Center/Philly(Seen Sixers game in 1996 just after it just opened.)

Meadowlands Arena aka Izod Center in recent years.(Went in 2000 and 2008 for Nets games)

Montreal Forum-Seen NHL"s Habs play a game there on school trip in college in 1995.

"Old Boston' Gardens in 1993 to see Celtics play game there.

Can anyone here top this list lol.:P

OOOOOOOOOOH!!! U GONNA TAKE THAT LRG?!?!?!?!?!? LMAO!!!

You bet I ain't. But it's all good, I'm tracking down his IP as I speak...it'll be a matter of time before I show at his doorstep and then we'll see if he mentions redheads of the sort! Lol

I bet you he can't stop pasting his pants every time he looks at that photo of her, can't you Dan??? :)

I've been to the new Yankee Stadium, MSG, Giants Stadium, and IZOD Center.

I saw four Yankee games last year and they were all memorable.

I've only seen the Barnum and Bailey circus at MSG twice but those were some fun times.

Giants Stadium I saw the England National soccer team play Colombia, followed by a then Metrostars game VS the Chicago Fire. That was a fun game because all the English fans gathered everyone up and during the MLS game and we did a full conga line through the seats of the stadium (I don't know how I made it all the way around, lol).

IZOD center back when it was the Continental Airlines Arena, I saw the Nets play the Miami Heat which was a pretty good game.

Overall Yankee Stadium and MSG would be my favorite of the four. I would like to make it out to Progressive Field in Cleveland some day.

I have been to:

New Yankee Stadium on May 22 last year (Phillies hit 4 HRs including one by Jimmy Rollins on the first pitch and Brett Myers allows 3 solo HRs and Phils win 7-3)

Old Yankee Stadium- last visited July 30, 2008 against the Orioles. Yankees won 12-3.

Citi Field- last visited on August 21 last year (Hamels was awful and Phils lost 4-2. Other time I went was May 7 when Moyer allowed 7 runs in 2 1/3 innings pitched. He allowed 3 HRs)

Shea Stadium- last visited on July 24, 2008 when Oliver Perez fanned 12 Phillies. I have seen Cole Hamels pitch for the first time in person there on June 7, 2007 and Ryan Howard hit a HR in person the first time on May 25, 2006.

The Bank- last visited on July 22 last year when Jamie Moyer allowed 4 runs in the 4th inning.

The Vet- Only visited on August 3, 2003 when Oliver Perez (on Padres) struck out 13 Phillies (note: the aforementioned games with Ollie were the only times I saw him against the Phils. In 2 games, he struck out 25 Phils!)

PNC Park- On April 27, 2008 I saw Paul Maholm pitch a 2 hit complete game against the Phillies.

3 Rivers Stadium- Only visited on August 23, 1991 when the Pirates were playing the Giants. I hardly remember any details.

I would say the Bank is my favorite with PNC a close second.

Of this list here my favorite places to watch a sporting event so far.

1)"Old' Yankee Stadium

2)Camden Yards

Indoor Arena.

3)Staples Center-Downtown LA. See LA Kings hockey game there in Holiday Season(i think New Year Eve 2003)and hard to explain they took an area that was once crime ridden area and block of the infamous 1992 Rodney King Riots and turn into a beautiful gentrified area. Laker tickets are almost impossible to get.

As someone who lucky enough to have been to see most of the USA and parts of Canada i list my favorites sport venures. First the worst stadium/arena ever for a pro game.

Olympic Stadium Montreal. The Expos needed to have left this eyesore since 1999 but it was amazing they stayed until 2004. I been here once August 1998 when the Expos played the San Diego Padres and my own chance to see Tony Gwynn 'live' in person at a game.

Stadiums/Arenas i been to including some that have closed.

All of the NYC/NJ metro stadiums and arenas at least once including "Old' Yankee Stadium(at least 30 times)Shea(at least 10 times), MSG, Nassau and the Meadowlands Arena. i been to Giants Stadium once to see a college football game in early 1980's with my Dad as young boy. (forgot who was playing)

MLB Parks and Stadiums

"OLD" Yankee Stadium(i have yet gone to 'new' stadium though)

Shea

Olympic Stadium/Expos

Petco Park-Padres 2006

Fenway-Standing room seats 1999.

Camden Yards/Orioles around 1993 and 2000.

Skydome aka Rogers Center/Blue Jays-1992 and 2000.

Angels Stadium/Angels-1992.

US Celluar Field/White Sox in August 2001.

Passed by but never seen game at

Wrigley/Cubs

PNC Park/Pirates

Dodger Stadium

NBA/NHL Arenas

MSG(at least 20 times between Knick/Ranger games and the Circus)

Wacohovia Center/Philly(Seen Sixers game in 1996 just after it just opened.)

Meadowlands Arena aka Izod Center in recent years.(Went in 2000 and 2008 for Nets games)

Montreal Forum-Seen NHL"s Habs play a game there on school trip in college in 1995.

"Old Boston' Gardens in 1993 to see Celtics play game there.

Can anyone here top this list lol.:)

Sadly, no I can't.

*Yankee Stadium

*Bank One Ballpark/Chase Field

I'd always wanted to visit D.C. Stadium/Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium then the Senators (and Frank Howard) moved to the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex for 1972 and Topps that season issued strange new baseball cards saying "Rangers" and with photos showing airbrushed solid red caps.

I've also made trips to The Ebbets Field Houses and The Polo Grounds Houses.

lol the old forum now is a shopping mall :P i was born in 94 so it might of been up but ive seen tons of pictures and video's and against the nordiques it must of been awesome!:P

Off topic for minute. Orion are you a sports fan besides hockey? Does enough people in Montreal and you neck of woods in Ottawa want a 2nd MLB Baseball team back in Canada either in Montreal or say Vancucer? The Expos left after 2004 for Washington DC. Do you remember the Expos at all Orion?

Also Orion have you been to the US before and if so been to any sports stadiums?

Off topic for minute. Orion are you a sports fan besides hockey? Does enough people in Montreal and you neck of woods in Ottawa went a 2nd MLB Baseball team in Canada?

Also Orion have you been to the US before and if so been to any sports stadiums?

i am a sports fan of Hockey, baseball and sometimes basketball.

if you mean want a second MLB team then i believe we would but is it that really likely i mean look what happened to the EXPOS lol

and i have only been to buffalo and no stadiums

Guest Charles

Indoor baseball fields were cool, the Metrodome and Tropicana were two of my favorite fields....the crowds at the Metrodome were deafening

I haven't been to Target Field yet, I would like to go there this summer

PNC Park in Pittsburgh may be the best park to watch a game, tickets are also real cheap there!

I've been to both the old and New Yankee Stadium as well as Shea Stadium. I haven't been inside Citi Field but I've taken exterior pictures. I went on a tour of Fenway Park. Although the Red Sox suck, it is a venerable (albeit tiny) ballpark. I went to a Knicks game at the Garden back in January 2008 (the Kings destroyed them). MSG is...meh. I've seen the exterior of the Verizon Center in DC. I liked the old Yankee Stadium better than the new one since the views were better. The new one doesn't seem like it's a ballpark.

Archived