bus accident

Cars and taxis never understands about buses.

Slightly little off-topic, right in front of MET Museum, Sightseeing Tour Buses takes 5th Av & 83rd St SW while Taxi Stands is at 5th Av & 82nd St NW.

I remember NY Grayline Sightseeing Tour's Uptown Loop could not pull over to bus stop because of taxi line up, but not enough space for bus to enter. Taxis were at taxi stand in curb bus lane.

There was one taxi on curb bus lane at taxi stand behind the sightseeing bus.

As lady was getting off the grayline tour bus, taxi sped off to line up, passing the open door on bus, almost hitting woman who came off the bus.

Yesterday, it was also same. Taxi on curb lane try to pass the bus while doors are open on CitySightNY's Uptown Treasure Loop while unloading/discharging, well as while I was getting on Q72 at CTB also.

Cars and taxis never understands about buses.

Slightly little off-topic, right in front of MET Museum, Sightseeing Tour Buses takes 5th Av & 83rd St SW while Taxi Stands is at 5th Av & 82nd St NW.

I remember NY Grayline Sightseeing Tour's Uptown Loop could not pull over to bus stop because of taxi line up, but not enough space for bus to enter. Taxis were at taxi stand in curb bus lane.

There was one taxi on curb bus lane at taxi stand behind the sightseeing bus.

As lady was getting off the grayline tour bus, taxi sped off to line up, passing the open door on bus, almost hitting woman who came off the bus.

Yesterday, it was also same. Taxi on curb lane try to pass the bus while doors are open on CitySightNY's Uptown Treasure Loop while unloading/discharging, well as while I was getting on Q72 at CTB also.

That is the problem with the MTA rule of "if you can't get into the bus stop, stop parallel to it. They are afraid of the tail sticking out, and being a blindside when you pull out with the bus. Any smart operator, would pull out slowly, so the bus becomes parallel then proceed. i have been through it where the cars would pass on the right, while the door is open, after they blocked the bus stop, then want to move after you door is open. With the artics, I would leave the rear parallel, but the front would be in enough to keep the car from passing on the right..........

As to the bus cab thing, cabs have no respect for buses, and buses return the favor. The bus will always win, if an accident happens.........

What's your opinion if buses were to be equipped with cameras to record the front [roadside view]?

It would be great imo, it would find out who really is at fault with the accidents, also, the M101 was supposed to get cameras to test out along 3rd & Lexington Avenue,

I remember when I was on my first Newark-bound (NJT) GoBus25 so-called BRT, when GoBus B/O was approaching his GoBus Station, car driver has failed to yield to bus (NJ State Law) by cutting GoBus off to make left turn.

I also remember when I was on awful Rockland Coach #20 Bus to PABT, car cut off the bus, when bus was leaving from flag stop and turning left.

Speaking of bus accident, I saw this bad driver stop on Newark City Subway Lightrail track at Broad St Station on April 8th while waiting for green light.

IMG_3182.jpg

What's your opinion if buses were to be equipped with cameras to record the front [roadside view]?

I'm not A (F)an for Cameras in front cuz if it's not my fault then (MTA) will still try to pin the blame on :mad:

Now A bulldozer front or (A) (B)ike rack ....(W)ell then I am Charlie Brown and I approve this:tup:(K)<R>

Now A bulldozer front or (A) (B)ike rack ....(W)ell then I am Charlie Brown and I approve this:tup:(K)<R>

LMAO!!!!!

I think that cameras on the front would be an improvement, since the truth about whose fault a crash was will be evident.

LMAO!!!!!

I think that cameras on the front would be an improvement, since the truth about whose fault a crash was will be evident.

MTA would never go for it, then MTA would not be able to blame the driver.

:P

Archived