OWNED by the MTA today...

error46146

Today i can say i've had one of the worst commuting experiences i've had in a long long time.

I was coming home fron chinatown today, which normally take about 45-50 minutes.

So i got in at canal street, almost missed the #6 but managed to get in. I get off at 14th Union Square to get the 4/5 Express for a faster ride. The 5 comes in, so i get on. At 42nd, we're "held momentarily by the dispatcher". The c/r comes on saying the train will run local and the next stop will be 51st, so i was like oh even better i won't have to get back on the 6 again. I wait at 42nd, and then the 6 I was originally on comes rolling in the station. Now, normally in my experience, the express train usually get to go first at times like this. but NOOOOOOO, those horrible dispatchers decided to ruin my day AGAIN (yes those idiots have let me down many many times before) and let the 6 go first, so i'm stuck at 42nd for even longer. Finally, the train moves on, i had originally planned to take the 5 to 59th/Lex and get the N then the 7 for a nice snowy RFW view, but now i am in no mood to anymore. So i get off at 51st, get the E to Roosevelt. Then, the real trouble came. As I get on the R, apparently, some guy was getting robbed , and then as the doors closed, he somehow got knocked out by the robbers, BOOM he went right on the floor unconcious, the robbers got out and ran away, and there he was laying on the floor. Some guy tried to pull the E-brake as the train was leaving the station, but apparently the E-brake was BROKEN!! (more proof why we should scrap the 46's), so then he had to go all the way to the other end and pull it and by the time it was pulled, we were already in the tunnel and now it only delayed us. It took like 10 minutes for the conductor to come, and finally he came, he had a whole big conversation with the dispatchers and stuff on his radio, blah blah blah, he reset the E-brake and finally we got on our way. At Elmhurst Avenue, the t/o dumped the train, and then we stayed for a while at elmhurst. Now i've been through this before where people got beat on the train, last time i remember i think it was on the D, and it took forever for the thing to get cleaned up, so this time i was like oh no. So a Manhattan bound R comes in the station, i run up the stairs and get on that train, i was thinking of getting on that train, then get on a Express train to continental, then getting another manhattan bound local back to 63rd Drive. So i got on, got off at Roosevelt, then got on the next express. I was looking out the side window, to my shock, the train at Elmhurst was GONE! I had absolutely no clue they would get that thing cleaned up so fast, and now i am stuck on the Express. I got off at 71st Continental, then go on the Manhattan boundlocal track only to find out I had just missed the local, and have to wait for the next one. A while later, an R comes in, and guess what??? it was the EXACT SAME CAR that i was in before (the guy's hat was still sitting on the chair!). Luckily, there were no more problems after that, but what would have normally been a 45-50 minutes commute took OVER TWO HOURS TODAY!!!'

Moral of the story: well i would say that the subway is totally unpredictable, and never base your actions and assumptions on prior knowledge/experiences

At 42nd, we're "held momentarily by the dispatcher". The c/r comes on saying the train will run local and the next stop will be 51st, so i was like oh even better i won't have to get back on the 6 again. I wait at 42nd, and then the 6 I was originally on comes rolling in the station. Now, normally in my experience, the express train usually get to go first at times like this. but NOOOOOOO, those horrible dispatchers decided to ruin my day AGAIN (yes those idiots have let me down many many times before) and let the 6 go first, so i'm stuck at 42nd for even longer.

That's only with the E and the V, the express leaving first. It also could have been that the 6 already had the lineup since it was already on the local track.

As I get on the R, apparently, some guy was getting robbed , and then as the doors closed, he somehow got knocked out by the robbers, BOOM he went right on the floor unconcious, the robbers got out and ran away, and there he was laying on the floor.

My condolences!

Some guy tried to pull the E-brake as the train was leaving the station, but apparently the E-brake was BROKEN!! (more proof why we should scrap the 46's), so then he had to go all the way to the other end and pull it and by the time it was pulled, we were already in the tunnel and now it only delayed us.

Any subway car can have this problem.

Well I will never forget one moring I was going to my ex's place in Greenpoint at like 4am after the bar, and from Manhattan I usually take any Dntwn Bklyn line, walk to Myrtle, and head to her appt. I think it was Feb. '06, like a day or 2 before we got that 26 inches of snow, and I was on an (A) train, and as soon as we got into the tunnel, the train stopped. So like 10 minutes later the guy says there is emergency track work in front of us, and we should be moving shortly. Shortly turned into 1 hour and 20 minutes! The sun was coming up when we finally got to BK! So by now i didn't want to walk, so i hop the B54, and it breaks down at Flatbush and Myrtle, so we have to walk anyway! It ended up being quicker than waiting 7 minutes for another bus that was bound to be overcrowed.

Two words,

har har.

Tough luck error but you made so many mistakes that led to a real bad downfall to your commute.

yes sadly i did make a lot of mistakes that stretched out my commute

i blame it on the dispatcher at 42nd, if he had not held back my 5 train then the commute would have been nice and fast and excellent

I was "owned" by the (MTA) on the day of that huge rain storm last year. I usually take the (E) staight into Manhattan. After Roosevelt Ave. we stood idle in a tunnel for about 25 minutes. I was in the first car, the only car that didn't have working a/c. It was too crowded to move down. On top of that, a woman further down in the train passed out. So we switched over to the (F) line and they let us out at 21st - Queensbridge. I followed a whole group of people to Qns Boro Plaza (N)(7)...i hopped on an overcrowded (7) to Grand Central, then walked in the rain 11 blocks to my job. Left my house in Queens at 5:55 am, got to work in Manhattan at 9:00am.

yes sadly i did make a lot of mistakes that stretched out my commute

i blame it on the dispatcher at 42nd, if he had not held back my 5 train then the commute would have been nice and fast and excellent

Maybe next time you should stay on the painfully slow local if all you have to do is go ONE OR TWO STOPS!

Archived